2018 FIFA World Cup

Elneny played well

1 Like

Harsh on Egypt, but they should have brought on Salah for the last 5 minutes.

1 Like

Torriera the difference in the end, goal scored just after he entered the fray.

3 Likes

Honestly expected more than that from Egypt. Not one threat in 90 minutes. Could be out in 2 games here.

:arteta:

They should have brought him in maybe even earlier than that. But then again, he may not even actually be fit to play right now could just be a decoy.

What was pissing me off was the stupid commentators’ shitty comments about Suarez being ‘uncharacteristically, surprisingly’ off form in the game.

It betrayed just how little they knew of Suarez this season, and how little they actually watch or know outside the English game.

I mean, even I knew he had a bit of a poor season by his standards and it looks like he may be past his peak. In fact, most people who at least watched Barcelona in the CL this season would feel he’s lost a step.

And I just got that from Luca and Will’s posts while watching like 2 Barca games this season.

It’s not my job to know but it is their’s ffs!!!

Just winds me up when commentators blatantly know less than you and keep incredulously bringing up the same shite that doesn’t add anything like that constant surprise, instead of maybe giving some insight.

I call it the David croft effect, that cretin loves getting things wrong and adding absolutely fuck all to the coverage, I guess at least the BBC comms weren’t huge loudmouths like that prick is.

2 Likes

The commentary in that match was pretty abysmal all round

My favourite part was Jonathan Pearce and Keown discussing why a shot that hit the side netting was disallowed :woman_shrugging:

Pretty sure Jonathan Pearce called Uruguay Argentina at one point, too.

The only way is up.

3 Likes

The Morocco manager is a suave guy. Wasn’t he Ivory Coast manager at some point?

Feel like he’s coached half the African football teams :arteta:

Great start for Morocco. Their kit also looks amazing. Can’t wait for Adidas.

Yeah. He also had a short spell managing Cambridge United :mustafi:

1 Like

Thank you for posting that :facepunch:t2:

From the bits I managed to watch and from twitter it was pissing me off how little the commentators had actually been watching of one of the best strikers around. They also seem to be surprised that Cavani is actually a world class striker haha

1 Like

Cavani was awesome I heard.

@SRCJJ mate even that stock top is better than the bespoke designs puma have given us haha, I really like it

It’s a terrible kit, it’s basically a stock Adidas shirt. They put no effort in our kit yet it still isn’t available outside of the limited number available in Morocco.

1 Like

Nearly an epic nut shot!!!

Good game? At the airport so can’t watch

1 Like

Kind of fun both teams definitely want to win.

1 Like

Yet both look like they couldn’t score even if the goal was wider than the pitch.

1 Like

FFS did they bring the vuvuzelas back? Noise driving me mad !

Poor Egypt! Such a sucker punch for them. Did Salah come off the bench?

How to deal with concussion, the Moroccan way:

Slap the player’s face repeatedly while someone else squirts water in their face

3 Likes