The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

I don’t think he gave an excuse. He said Man United were the best team “by far” and deserved to win. Guess it must just be down to bad luck… again…

2 Likes

An underrated quality. :wink:

Can someone post one of those tidy little videos of the Agüero tackle?

Aguero has always been a bit of a scumbag. No one ever mentions it because hes undebatably class.

Ditto Cesc Fabregas. Clever move, but a dick move.

We know how many of ours would easily fall victim to that one, the likes of Giroud, Xhaka, Coquelin, Wilshere I could all see being duped like that

I take it from that video that Luiz died?

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder779/500x/63772779.jpg

1 Like

Does anyone else really hate Man Utd v Spurs? I hate both so much that I can never enjoy this fixture.

Weirdly, despite where I live, I know more Man United fans than Spurs (glory hunters clearly, post 1999) so I do quite enjoy winding them up. Plus the Josè factor - so at a push i’d pick a Spurs win, but ideally, 1-1 with 6 red cards will do me :smile:

I hate Chelsea vs Spurs more.

Really? How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? It’s just when I was a kid/growing up it was always Viera v Keane - United were our big rivals, so I’ve just always hated them. I don’t like Chelsea, obviously, but I have less personal feeling towards them.

Im 30 and started following Arsenal in 1998. So yeah I detest United don’t get me wrong I think its just I have more respect for them as a club compared to Chelsea with the Sugar Daddy setup.

1 Like

Ok, so I’m a little younger than you but same kinda era. I’m a bit bias though as my ex has a Chelsea season ticket so I have been to Stamford Bridge a lot when his mates/family couldn’t go so I delevoped a soft spot for them.

But still, how can you prefer United now? This season, Conte has made Chelsea more likeable. No one likes José!

1 Like

Yeah you have a point with the Jose/ Conte stuff, maybe its because United look to be a fair way off the pace lol. Also I think a couple of Chelsea people i Know in Melbourne are deadset glory hunting flogs so I think that plays a part.

1 Like

Glory hunters you say? Wasn’t 1998 when we won the double? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Who were you Phoebica in old OA?
El Bee?

I don’t know who El Bee is

It might come as a shock, but she was also known as Phoebica on old OA :wenger: I must be the only one who remembers.

Besides, Bee is nothing like Phoebica. The latter actually spoken more about Football in the last 2 weeks, than Bee ever did during her 5 years on the old site.

4 Likes

Haha yeah. I didn’t chat as much on old site though. I thought I’d hate the new site but I actually prefer it, it’s like Red Cafe - which I love (for a laugh)

Also, for the record, my name is not Phoebe

Like I said to you when you rejoined, it’s a big shock the old site to the new one and it feels very weird at first, but you really get used to it quick and just functions better, glad you’re enjoying the place :slight_smile:

I remember the origins of your username. This thread might do the trick :wink:

Thanks! I’m doing a three strikes and you’re out kinda rule. Like Diago Costa, next yellow card is a suspension. So yeah, next person to call me “Pheeps”, and i’m dragging that thread up, lol