The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Do Spurs regularly play three at the back? Just because I remember it being said that you can’t just implement a formation with three at the back for a specific match, that it takes a long time to get players accustomed to playing such accustomed formation effectively.

Exactly, before this game! Before Chelsea’s run most people didn’t even know or remember that we held that record! Sure it’s impressive and a nice bonus, but I wouldn’t give it any merit in terms of It affecting Chelsea.

Twice that I know of for sure this season, four times according to Transfermarkt.

Watching Sky Sports this morning and they said 4 times

3 wins and a draw from them 4 games

Not regularly at all. But its certainly something Pochettino has put time into on the training pitch.

Thanks for the replies guys. Do we think Wenger would be capable of training our squad to do it and then using it to good effect?

Arsene ‘Never Change Tactics’ Wenger

I dunno tbh.

1 Like

Couldn’t do any worse than when Everton tried it and lost 5-0!

Arsenal tactics have frequently evolved or been tinkered with over the years. Formations less so.

No reason why we couldn’t though tbh. But it remains to be seen if 3 at the back is the next step in football.

Going 3 at the back or not certainly isnt an indicator of how good a manager is. Teams have employed it over the years with little success.

If we didn’t make top 4 it wouldn’t hurt too much because we’ve been waiting for it to happen for so long it was eventually going to happen regardless.

2 Likes

I don’t think Jakey is referring to 3 at a back specifically. Rather that we have been inflexible when it comes to trying different things.

I dont know that thats entirely true.

WBA to take something out from today’s game? They are in a good period of form.

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/820231515724464128
https://twitter.com/WBA/status/820231509642805248

Good start by Spurs.
1-0 Spurs. Kane. Easy for them.
Ali is great at coming from behind.
2-0 and the game is truly over.
Thanks god it was offside, otherwise it would have been another goal for Alli.

These commentators are really unbearable

I bet he is, he is a dirty spud after all!

1 Like

Pulis putting in a really big effort, the welsh cunt!

This is what i have been saying for a long time Managers like Pulis always play the game of their lives against us, then roll over for the likes of the fucking spuds etc…it pisses me right off!

1 Like

ffs Spurs could be 5-0 up already :joy: Foster is like a one man defence out there!!

WBA playing awful stuff here.

1 Like