The 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification

Basically agree. If they dont have a club side competing in europe or play in their own country dont see the point.
Just fabricated FAs for votes in Fifa really.

1 Like

So Germany are taking the England approach and go with the large target man upfront in Sandro Wagner. Sad days for them when they’re running out of options like this lol

Remember Iceland? Population 330.000. I’m certain San Marino will beat England one day.

3 Likes

Need to put many goals past Liechtenstein today to increase our GD ahead of the clash against Spain in september.

I bet the San Marino players love playing against the big boys. They are just ordinary people with everyday jobs, a far cry from a professional footballers life. It’s a massive highlight for them when these games come around. Yes they get thrashed every single time, but they must feel privileged to get the chance to rub shoulders with Europe’s best footballers for 90 mins. I know I definitely would

4 Likes

Yes, exactly. I remember reading an interview in FourFourTwo magazine with some of their players. They bloody love it, quite a few could qualify for other countries, there are a couple from Argentina for example, but they were like “if we were from any other nation we wouldn’t even have a sniff at playing on the same pitch as the likes of Ronaldo and Muller”.

They’re just normal lads having a great time, and every now and then they have a magic moment - like when Gualtieri scored the fastest World Cup qualification goal against England in 1993! And a couple of years ago their U21s beat Wales’ U21s. People who don’t want them around are just being killjoys.

10 Likes

Football is a sport anyone can play…I like that that extends to full international level.

(Although I will admit that I used to think along the same lines as GG, that it’s silly to have San Marino/Lichtenstein etc with players who have careers like working the tills at supermarkets and that playing against the world’s best)

Getting trolled by Northern Irish and a Swede on quality of international football…

:per:

3 Likes

Ireland-Austria now.
Half-a-chance for Austria. Weak shot from inside the box.

Yeah but at least we have won something fair and square in the last 60+ years. :rosicky: :giroud:

2 Likes

The quality in this game is just shit.
Moldova up against Georgia.

1966 was only 51 years ago. The score was 4-2. Fair and square. :trophy:
Also won the U20 World Cup today. 2/2. 100% in WC finals.

https://m.popkey.co/74fc37/xEylW.gif

3 Likes

Austria just inch away from scoring.

No they weren’t

Well bollocks

Golazo! 1-0 Austria!

Bloody wannabe Germans. :bellerin: Come on Ireland!

Ireland is losing the plot after conceding. That could have been red.

Anschluss?

1 Like

2-0 Moldova.
1-0 Austria HT.
Should have been foul to Ireland here.

I’m impressed that you really sit through watching Ireland - Austria lol, even more so as someone who isn’t invested in either team.

4 Likes