Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

It doesn’t work because we always lose them to teams willing to pay them higher salaries haha

Looks like Pogba to United for 100m is happening. Christ.

They are going to be good again next year, which makes me sad.

I don’t actually think their transfer business has been that good from a value perspective. Pogba doesn’t seem to be worth anywhere close to that figure. But when you spend 170M, you improve your team a lot. And certainly you improve it a lot more than a competitor like us spending 40M so far. That is the basic reality.

I’m pretty confident we’ll see two more signings, not so confident one will be a striker anymore though. Think we’ll see a wide player (Mahrez?) + a central defender, the club won’t find what they consider value in the striker market now.

Holding looks really good and I think Chambers can break into the first team. Winger and Striker are the most trouble areas imo. I think we will sign Mustafi however. If clubs have already made bids as reported but they are holding out while we enquire, that makes me feel like Mustafi wants to be with Mert and Özil in London.

Why does he keep talking about experience for a defender. He has a very definite target in mind there I reckon.

I hope you are right, however our only 3 available cb’s were 17, 20, and 21 years old respectively. So maybe he’s just thinking we need a more experienced player in general. Probably sign Flamini on a free :wink:

Mert getting a long term injury and buying a replacement shouldn’t negate us from still doing business for a possible striker. It’s one of those unfortunate things that happens and you’d like to think we could cope with a shortfall loss (if ever there was) to sort this.

Mustafi, Mahrez and Lacazette would be lovely.

1 Like

He did the same when he played Monreal in the middle and a lot of our cup games are evidence of that too. He’s a believer in having experience in the center-back positions and as you say it’s likely that he has someone in mind.

Probably sign Flamini on a free yup im waiting on that one too !

That’s coming. Flamini can play all across the back line.

Milik to Napoli seems all but done. That probably rules them out of buying another high-profile striker, as Sarri only plays one and Milik will not have gone there without strong belief that he would be the starter.

Vietto to Sevilla also seems done per reports. But that probably wouldn’t affect their potential pursuit of Ben Yedder, as I can easily see Sampaoli playing both of them together (in whatever bizarre formation he inevitably chooses).

3 Likes

Leroy Sane to City as good as done, he’s in Manchester now.

Silly season is slowly taking away my will to live.

Thank fuck that’s not true.

It’s a fake rumor but why Evans would be not good? Defender with experience, Fergie man with over 200 caps with United, still young, good passing and vision…

1 Like

28 isn’t young.

He’s pretty shit, that’s why it wouldn’t be good lol

2 Likes

for a defender 28 years old is a good age. Try to see how old are Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Terry, Silva etc…

1 Like

It is a good age for a centre back.

It isnt young though.

2 Likes