Southampton

Fuck so Arsenal is basically worth 20 times more than Southampton ?

Its a news article so its not paywalled

2 Likes

Maltodextrin is fantastic during workout. So I can imagine it helps a lot for a player struggling for energy

5 Likes

is this considered as ‘cheating’ though? I know it is not CHEATING as it is allowed but at the same time isn’t this considered an unfair advantage? If they are to do this surely the other team should be able to also. If it gets to this point then shouldn’t there be a designated time for ‘energy’
one team doing it gives an edge and if both teams do it it stops the flow of the game so surely something should be done regards this because although allowed this is unfair to the opposition.

It it’s legal and it’s helpful and it isn’t harmful and you don’t do it, then tough if someone else does and it gets them an advantage. Like Vieria with his Vicks gel back in the day.

I love the line from the article about other teams becoming aware of the fatigue and taking advantage :arteta:

5 Likes

One of the things I quite dislike about football is the idea that a fitter team can win because a less fit team just can’t do the 90 minutes. Watching a knackered team isn’t particularly exciting either.

It just feels a bit mundane for a sport that’s meant to be about tactics and tekkers.

A manager under pressure and about to play Man City. :grinning:

1 Like

He’s had a charmed existence for so long.

Pouring one out atm for this gif

@sevchenko will you say or shall I?

1 Like

By all means Cal, I defer to you

1 Like

1 Like

I actually think its a good level for him tbh

Southampton has a tendency of going for trendy appointments. The club is in limbo atm as they haven’t been producing high level players with regularity

1 Like

Hasenhuttl gone

Surely you would have waited one more weekend so the new guy could get a “pre season”

1 Like

What exactly did Southampton expect? They never really invest. They got a bunch of youngsters and cast-offs, what more is Ralph supposed to do with that team? Embarrassing.

2 Likes

He Hasenttl the World Cup to clear his desk. :grinning:

9 Likes

he lasted a long time tbf to him, normally managers at bottom prem clubs don’t last that long