Southampton

yeah what happened there at Leicester after the rona break. I remember at the time Arteta joined and Laca went on a 9 game goalless streak I think Vardy was also on a 9 or 10 game goalless streak (and Sterling as well I think?), was that it? Does anyone on here actually watch their games :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tbh Leicester were wobbling before the lockdown.

1 Like

Started wobbling ever since they lost that league SF 2nd leg to Villa late Jan.

2 Likes

Leicester are a team that I reckon really rely on their home crowd. Isnt the Kingpower like the loudest home stadium in the whole of the PL?

Conversely, I think Man United are major benefactors of Project Restart. Without those Old Trafford twats on their back for not having scored within the first 10 mins, they’ve taken to these games like a glorified training session at different venues.

fair play to the Saints for a great recovery

2 Likes

I think it also helped us. Especially playing out from the back.

1 Like

Tino Livaremento has been their best player in every game this season by far, only 18/19 years old as well, going to defo be a world class right back for a massive club soon

Chelsea let him leave for free

1 Like

They inserted a £38m buy-back clause. If he’s any good, he’ll be back at Chelsea fairly soon.

what about Reece James?

Chelsea have two left-wing backs in Alonso and Chilwell. They rotate them in and out of the starting line-up and it’s worked well. I doubt they’d have any issues doing the same at right-wing back.

Who is James backup anyway. Do they move Azpi over?

Yeah. And then they have Christensen or Chalobah who can come in as a CB

1 Like

Sometimes. Tonight they’re playing Hudson-Odoi as the RWB and have Reece James at RCB.

1 Like

Ah it must be nice to have so many decent options

FFS was hoping they’d have to play a child in goal against us

This is why I can’t believe that someone is going to actually stump up the £2-3billion Arsenal is supposedly “worth”, at least until every club is owned by a super-richy and you can’t just pick up a PL one like this.

1 Like

What’s there to really gain by owning a club like Southampton?

Is it just to flex you own a PL club?

2 Likes

I think it’s the fact that the club is only ever likely to increase its value and is self sufficient enough to be able to fund itself.

Minimal investment with good resale value in time.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the FMer in me (Southampton is literally my club of choice when I play FM :sweat_smile:) but personally I’d enjoy the journey of trying to make a club like Southampton significantly better than trying to spend billions making a club like Arsenal do the same.

I think there’s something special about a club without much recent history too. I think Chelsea and City fans will always love their owners for bringing the good times (and Newcastle fans seem to be anticipating this right now too), but if PIF had bought out Mansour today I doubt City fans give a shit about them.