Site Feedback

@Mysty Good news, I’m not getting the phishing message in the discourse website anymore.

1 Like

It’s gone for me as well.

I can’t believe they are people still using the old site! It’s so poor compared to this modern awesome forum. It shows you it’s dead though when you can get on the top posters of the last 24 hours with only 2 posts :joy: lol

I’m still getting it

I feel the opposite seeing it abandoned that way, it’s only a couple of weeks and a 10 years of history will only be a museum :disappointed:

4 Likes

I don’t get it on chrome for both sites on my phone anymore either. Still get it on my laptop though on chrome?! @Mysty @Bl1nk

[quote=“Calum, post:103, topic:142”]
I can’t believe they are people still using the old site! It’s so poor compared to this modern awesome forum.
[/quote]Well to be fair we still got a few weeks until the crossover is complete and still another month until the new season begins, so perhaps some aren’t feeling the need to rush over so soon which is fair enough :slight_smile:

It’s definately noticeable though now in the last day or two the majority have made their way onto here with hardly any posts on the old site now.

Earlier on today I could see we had a good 20 or so online here at the same time which was good to see.

I can’t wait for old lengooner to come back and suddenly find the old OA has disappeared over the Summer that’ll proper confuse him :poldi:

3 Likes

It seems like it’s mainly the negative Nancy’s that haven’t made the jump yet. When I go back to the old site it’s just a circle jerk of Wenger hate lol. Shh don’t tell them about this place it’s a safe haven :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“Arsenal4thetreble, post:108, topic:142”]
It seems like it’s mainly the negative Nancy’s that haven’t made the jump yet. When I go back to the old site it’s just a circle jerk of Wenger hate lol. Shh don’t tell them about this place it’s a safe haven :slight_smile:
[/quote]The members you’re most likely refering to have all setup accounts here, just haven’t choosen to post much yet it seems :wink:

Old fogies hate change don’t they :wenger2:

1 Like

The sooner the old site is taken out of commision, the better imo.
The unsafe site alert, means that OA does not appear in google search which really limits the chances of new member coming here.

1 Like

I don’t like this at all. i doubt i’ll continue as part of this community if this is the way of things now. that in itself really saddens me as i have enjoyed my time with this community.

I’ll hang around for a bit and see if i change my mind, but i don’t think i will. this site really is horrible imho.

:frowning:

Sorry you feel that way @g4e

Give it time, it’ll grow on you :slight_smile: and you could try this view: http://community.onlinearsenal.com/categories

I just can’t get used to it B1nk. i’m trying, but it’s just not happening for me. i know i’m coming across as kind of selfish, and stuck in my ways, but when you have minimal needs and no need to see things change, to go from a nice and tidy forum that’s much easier to navigate and get around quickly, to this more modern and social type of thing (no idea what else to call it), it’s just too much for me.

That’s a shame mate. But as @Shill mentioned earlier (read his post: Site Feedback - #80 by Shill - Site Feedback - Online Arsenal Community Fan Forum), it’s a step we were forced to make with vBulletin turning into a vulnerable piece of crap. It’s the reason we’ve been getting phishing warnings and several DDOS attacks over the years. And it’s software we pay for as well! Discourse is open source (free) and a lot more stable. Just give it a chance :gunnersaurus:

I actually feel this software is much easier to navigate and get around quickly.

2 Likes

Maybe because i don’t have those navigation buttons, all i have is the slider and that’s slow because when you drag it to the top it shoots back to the middle and loads up the posts, i have to repeat the process 3 to 4 times till it finally loads up the top of the page. there’s no other short cuts that i can see to either navigate back to the main page which is why i have to scroll to the top to reach the naigation controls.

You don’t have to drag it. Try clicking the date at the top (of the slider).

To get back to the main page, just click the OA logo at the top :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah!

Erm, yeah that works.

1 Like

Really loving the new site, feels so fresh and easy to use. Much easier on the eye aswell!

Great work guys, it looks really good!

1 Like

At least right now this page is infinitely easier and faster to navigate than the other. I don’t really see the issue at all. Obviously it may change when there’s more traffic and hundred of posts, but I feel confident that the user experience will remain better.

1 Like