Riyad Mahrez

Mahrez would essentially replace Walcott, and I’m happy with that.

4 Likes

Still not comparable with Mahrez both in performance and achievement.

1 Like

Career tragectory was the comparison I was making

Mahrez is so naturally talented that I believe there is more chance of him winning POTS again rather than his career going the way of Michu’s.

4 Likes

Plenty of people would have said Michu was more likely to win player of the season than end up playing in the Spanish second tier back then don’t you think?

Not really, when you watched Michu for Swansea that year he was poaching goals left right and centre, it was certainly impressive what he was doing but it did feel a bit like he was playing above his weight class.

I was surprised to see him drop off so rapidly but it’s not unheard of for a striker to have a purple patch.

What Mahrez did was another level and when you watch Mahrez play you can tell there is something special about him as a player.

1 Like

A fully motivated Mahrez will be a great asset, just because he was surrounded by that bunch of tool-downing snakes last year (I somewhat doubt he was one of the ringleaders in it tho he may have been complicit) doesn’t mean that a move to a bigger club with a big fat wage to boot wouldn’t fire him up again. Also he’s betta than Walcott

1 Like

Michu wasn’t a striker

Yeah the Michu comparison just isn’t a good one.

Is Mahrez going to be loaned outside of the PL fail to impress then wind up playing for a Championship team? Because that would mirror Michu’s career after that good season he had.

As you said Mahrez is more likely to have another great season than that happening and he will at least go for a good amount of money when he’s sold, if anything he’s the anit Michu who wishes he was in the shoes of Mahrez right now.

1 Like

According to transfermarkt although he was fluid from AM to CF he played 22 games as CF and 8 as SS during that successful season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michu/leistungsdaten/spieler/70789/plus/0?saison=2012

Angain the comparison I was making was our fans demanding we sign them and them them going on to do nothing at all, was actually more young in cheek than anything but seen as you want to all jump on it I will stick with it

I predict marez will play in the French league 2 before he wins another major honour

Well, gotta appreciate a man who stands behind his convictions.

2 Likes

To be fair, you could say that about most of our squad :wink:

Most of our squad have won 3 major honours in the past 4 years :nerd_face:

1 Like

Not the one that really counts though :santi:

He would a massive improvement on him. A proper winger for a player who we don’t know what he is.

To you maybe

1 Like

And the likes of Sanchez hence why we’re in this predicament.

It’s an amazing skill you have that you can be 100% certain what another human you’ve never met thinks

1 Like

So Sanchez is just leaving for money or rather because he won’t win the most significant titles here?

You’re being naive.