Riyad Mahrez

I don’t see that being repeated.
I think Mahrez could easily win a major honour before any of our players do.

Sanchez has never stayed at 1 club more than 2/3 seasons in his intire career, you can guess all you like as to the reasons

I’d take him if we can get him soon and get him into camp. If we wait until August and try to integrate him it’ll be 2018 before we see good production out of him. And that’s too late.

1 Like

He wouldn’t be leaving us for the same reasons are he left previous clubs that’s for sure.

1 Like

Strikes me that that signing on fee you get when you move to a new club is his biggest motivation, you see it a lot with players hat come from actual povity and I don’t perticularly blame them for it

Obviously he could be leaving because he want to win stuff but I doubt that’s his biggest motivation myself

Of course not winning is his biggest motivation, he’s a winner and loves to win. Money is always a factor but the best players want to compete for the greatest honours.

If we were always within a shot at the title and had won it in the last three years it would make tying him down to a new contract easier there’s no doubt about that.

His behaviour after watching his less talented team mates after they miss a chance or waste a pass would suggest otherwise.

I don’t think he is anymore motivated by money than any other player, or else he would stay with us and become our highest paid player.

He is a winner, and he wants to win the biggest trophies.
He is leaving for the very same reason all our other top players leave, which is our lack of ambition.

You say he doesn’t stay with a club for more than a few seasons, as a reason for him wanting to leave.
But I think the correlation between our top players leaving and our lack of success on the field, as well as the transfer market, might be a better indicator of why Sanchez won’t sign a new contract.

It’s not Sanchez, or all the other world class players, that have left, that are problem, it’s Wenger and the board.

The elusive league cup. A man can dream.

How do you explain him signing for us then? Pretty sure in you opinion we don’t stand the slightest chance of ever winning anything ever again

We were simply a good option for him after he knew he would no longer start at Barca, we were up against what Liverpool? Easy choice at the time.

And I maintain we wont win it again under Wenger not in general.

there is no way we were the only two clubs in for him. Players of that calibre will have turned many many many heads.

There’s having an interest then there’s concrete ‘I’m serious about a huge bid’ interest.

Liverpool were one of the few reported at the time and that’s why I mentioned them.

I think Sanchez came here because we were in the CL, and had bought Ozil the season before, and it looked like we were starting to get it together in the transfer market.

Then the next season we bought just a GK and the following season still failed to buy a striker.
For a player who is this peak, he probably feels that he doesn’t want to be part of a never ending project, and his ambition would be better suited elsewhere.

1 Like

don’t take newspapers as gospel buddy.

Yeah things were really looking up but as usual in Wenger’s latter reign it was a false dawn.

@Oliver: I’m not taking anything as gospel it was a known fact Liverpool were “competing” with us for him at the time hence Brendan Rodgers bullshit comments about London being the deciding factor in him choosing us, you’re the one that is making statements without evidence mate.

1 Like

Michu got ankle injuries that ruined his career. Stop trying to be clever, your point is redundant.

it was a known fact that Liverpool wanted Alexis Sanchez.

It isn’t known who else actioned their interest throughout the timeframe of him being available and joining us.

1 Like

Except Sanchez actually said after his first season that winning the FA Cup was nice but he came here to win the PL and CL. SO @Darkseid is completely right and not assuming anything

3 Likes

Reality is if in the last 3 years we had won 1 Premier League instead of 2 FA cups, we would have more chance of Alexis signing a contract extension.

2 Likes

Sanchez left Udinese to join Barcelona and left Barcelona because they wanted to replace him. He’ll be leaving Arsenal for entirely different reasons so @Kaner is, as per usual, very wrong.

1 Like