Other Clubs' Transfers

Targets for us ja?

@AbouCuellar a word on Fornals please my Spanish brethren?

Since when do we believe what a Daily Mail reporter reports :wink:?

If these names are true this going to be a quiet, underwhelming summer.

A lot of people actually look at Sami Mokbel as one of the better reporters for Arsenal.

1 Like

Belotti rumours heating up for around Ā£85m.

We need a super star striker and the going rate is Ā£70-80m+

1 Like

I think we have already offered around 60 mil for him.

Source?

1 Like

May as well close this thread now mods :joy:

2 Likes

Could it be an omen?
The last time Huddersfield were in top division we won the double.
Need to get rid of Wenger and I will believe we can win premiership next season.

1 Like

This thread is not just for us remember :wink:

I half realised that after I wrote it :joy:. Also ours probably needs to be open for the impending departure of Sanchez.

3 Likes

Good signing for the cherries

I still firmly believe that a new CF >>>>>>> LW/RW.

Sanchez playing in this left forward position will score at a really high rate as its virtually a free role (same as ozil on the other side). If we then supplement that with a CF who can bang in goals consistently as well that is a huge recipe for success. Weā€™d have two reliable goal scorers in the starting 11 which is harder to defend against and would iron out a lot of our inconsistencies and up and downs throughout the season.

If we sign a more classic winger/midfielder to go left and play sanchez as 9 the net benefit really isnt that high. Weā€™d still be crazily reliant on Sanchez goals and basically praying Ramsey pops off or something. It dosnt really solve the issue where when the teams playing poor and sanchez is misfiring itā€™s inevitable that weā€™ll accumulate too many of these annoying as fuck 0-0 1-1s to teams like Westbrom along the way.

Iā€™d spend well over the top for a top striker to the point people are initially going wtf are we doing. Lukaku would be great as would Iā€™m guessing PEA (though i dont watch dortmund).

5 Likes

We should sign both. We donā€™t have anybody in the squad who could take on a free role like Sanchez/Ozil are doing, if we continue with 3-4-3. But I agree we should probably reserve the bulk of that budget for a CF.

Word. Keeping both Ɩzil and Alexis is crucial and minimises the necessities which are needed to improve us greatly. The pool for CF talent has increased again compared to last year and despite our European pedigree this season, I still think we are an attractive option. We need to prepare to pay above our record fee though and given Wenger is staying on for another 2 years, Iā€™d imagine another big signing is in the proceedings.

PEA, Lukaku, Morata you canā€™t go wrong with any of them.

Considering the fact there are more than a few options available there is no excuse for us not to sign a top striker this summer whatsoever.

Sanchez did well enough but heā€™s not the striker that we need, we need that bonafide #9 that will occupy the middle for the whole match there have been far too many instances Sanchez has vacated the position and weā€™re left without a focal point.

Chelsea supposedly want to replace Costa. City supposedly want to replace Aguero ( and at the very least replace Inehacho). Liverpool need a goalscorer. United are now without Ibrahimovic.

Unfortunately there are several potential legitimate excuses for why we didnā€™t get a top striker this year.

1 Like

You can just hear it in your head nowā€¦ ā€œwe have 4 world class strikers - Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez can play there, Theo can play thereā€¦ value wasnā€™t there in the market - the answer is not always just to spendā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Costa has said heā€™d only leave for Atletico last week, Aguero is saying according to a interview given by the chairman of City. There may be varying degrees of truth in both of those instances but theyā€™re probably more true than not.

Itā€™s all about intent really and thatā€™s one of many failings of recruitment over the years, no doubt weā€™ll be up against some other clubs but if we come out swinging we can land one of them, I donā€™t see clubs clamouring for PEA or Morata right now. The sooner the better as signing one of them may convince Sanchez to stayā€¦possibly.

I can see it too, itā€™s sad shit but we can hope.

Theo up top in that system would be lethal. He scored 19 from the wing this year. I reckon he could score 30+ goals if we played him in that position with those two feeding him easy chances.