Olivier Giroud

That’s a fair point and I think the auba transfer will go some way in enabling that plan b you want.

Tbh a lot of my love of giroud is for non footballing reasons, the man is like a mascot of the club these days at this point.

Some of the things he gets up to are box office in terms of drama or comedy and I’ll miss that.

Not gonna do anything at Chelsea so bye.

https://twitter.com/LGAmbrose/status/957746322530029568

Not sure people here actually watch Chelsea. Giroud would be better for Chelsea than people think, I think he’d suit them more than he does us.

Chelsea boot the ball into the box a lot. Look at the crosses whipped in by the likes of Azpi, Fabregas and Alonso – Giroud is the ideal target man for that!

Chelsea fans would take him – seen some even suggest that he should start over Morata. But I guess the agenda people have against him on here makes them blind to the fact that he can be useful.

6 Likes

Would be furious if we sold Chelsea the target striker they’ve been chasing.

This is the type of “player first” management that kills me with Arsene. If Giroud wants to stay in London then he can stay and play Europa League football until the summer and then work out a move. Why we’d help Chelsea restart their season with a new striker when we’re both ostensibly chasing the same top four place is beyond me.

3 Likes

If our move for Aubameyang results in Dortmund signing Michy and Chelsea signing Giroud, the loser is really Chelsea.

They’ve sold a perfectly good and young forward that doesn’t quite suit the coach they’ll probably sack at the end of the season and replaced him with a 31 year old.

9 Likes

That’s shit, don’t forget that part.

1 Like

I can deffo see him ripping it up with all the crosses they’d send his way.

2 Likes

“Agenda” :cowboy_hat_face: Heh you and @sevchenko throwing out this term with Giroud is always good for a laugh

It’s true though. You all bang on about him as if he is the most useless footballer to ever play the game.

It’s also ridiculous that people are suggesting he won’t do anything for Chelsea, when they have more players who play to his strengths than we do and are crying out for someone like him.

2 Likes

Why don’t you go join your friends at the Bridge and go and watch him if you like him that much :wink:

1 Like

:popcorn:

2 Likes

Yeah I have to agree… some of the language used about Giroud is over the top. I have never been a fan, in large part to the fact that he isn’t the TYPE of striker I enjoy watching, but he isn’t as awful as some people are making out and the language used against him is hyperbole… does rather seem like an agenda but whatever. The guy’s stats aren’t even that bad and frankly his particular skills aren’t the kind of thing that show up in stats that well - the strikers we have suffered since RVP have been pretty meh but Ollie gets more than his share of stick.

2 Likes

I do like the fella and he’s scored some crucial goals

but Auba >>>>> OG soz fella

We should similarly replace Iwobi, Granit, Elnenny, Ramsey, Koscielny, Cech with a genuine upgrade like this

course, there’s all the difficulty involved in doing that but it needs doing

2 Likes

:xhaka:

I’ve never said he is the greatest footballer in the world. But I do think he is useful, and as I said – the way Alonso, Fàbregas and Azpi cross the ball would suit him and therefore Chelsea right down to the ground. That is why i don’t want him going there, because he would help them, not hinder them as people on here seem to believe.

2 Likes

Well, yeah, not sure anyone is going to disagree with that

Giroud is 32 at the start of next season. He’s not a long term solution for anybody so there’s really little problem in him going to Chelsea if it’s part of a deal that secures us a better forward. Even if his job is to come off the bench and score headers, there’s no guaranteeing that he’s going to be able to do that for any kind of prolonged period of time.

And even as this supersub plan B this season we’ve already seen it fail. Last season you can’t knock him he was great at that and his goals/minutes as a sub was superb but this season he went 3 months without a goal and they came when he played a full 45 minutes against a weak Huddersfield.

4 Likes

There isn’t anyone that questions whether Auba is better than Ollie lol…

https://twitter.com/HandofHenry/status/957757744626458624

Holy shit if they pay £35 million then I’d be absolutely fine with it.

No way they will though, surely?

(And it’s the Daily Fail)

1 Like

I know

I was addressing the issue of losing Giroud, we’ll not be losing much if anything

was not suggesting anyone doesn’t think PEA >>>>> OG

THIRTY FIVE MILLION FOR GIROUD

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Oh please be true!!

1 Like