Manchester United

Great Point. He was confirmed in May but the speculation of him being next United manager was on since his Chelsea departure.
He had more than enough time to analyse the players in his disposal & come up with his preferred midfield combination.

QUite weird that both Van Gaal & Mourinho are struggling with United midfield so much.

1 Like

Agreed. Had plenty of time to settle and hasn’t done it. Was brought in because he’s renowned for bringing instant success yet you have to say it’s becoming more and more likely that he’s simply past his best.

I only care that we beat them at Old Trafford for a change ,if this team has the Cojones for a title challenge this is one of the hurdles we must overcome !

2 Likes

Mourinho has frozen out almost all of LVG’s signings, which have ended up very poorly in general.

-Schneiderlin has barely played and doesn’t even make the bench usually
-Schweinsteiger doesn’t even train with the first team
-Rojo almost never plays
-Darmian plays only in the Europa League
-Memphis is a total bust
-Shaw got benched after the Watford game and hasn’t played much since
-Martial has hardly started matches since the first month of the season

Herrera and Blind are the only LVG signings that have played consistently under Mourinho.

3 Likes

Mourinho turning on another manager because he dared to celebrate with his fans in his stadium shows how prick he is.

1 Like

Not looked prepared? More like, he’s trying to change just about everything and do the opposite of what van Gaal was doing. It’s not easy and it takes time.

You can absolutely see what he’s trying to do. You can see it by looking at the players that he ended up signing in the summer and also by what it looks like on the pitch. I don’t see anything that would suggest that he’s struggling to find a good combination in midfield. The players, obviously do have clear roles. In the two recent big games, he’s now gone with two destroyers, and with Pogba at number 10 to support the counter-attacks. But other than that, in all the other games, Pogba has been moving around, rotating positions with whoever has been playing at number 10. Doesn’t matter if it’s been Rooney or Mata, because they perform the same roles. Their movements are supposed to trigger the same rotations in midfield.

I think they’ll start to play some good football more consistently when Mkhitaryan is match fit and back in the team again.

@Powderfinger

If you’re going to include Herrera, then Martial should be mentioned in the same category of players. Started last week in the Europa League and he’s played twice, as a substitute, in the two other games that he’s been available in after coming back from his injury. That’s not a case of someone being “frozen out”.

A bit too early to say anything about Shaw IMO, but I would agree about the others though. Can’t see any of them have any kind of impact during this season.

David Moyes has massive fucking eyes!! lol

10 Likes

Well that fucking thing will be haunting my nightmares for weeks.

6 Likes

José Moyurinho.

1 Like

3 Likes

Exactly.
He is such a hypocrite.
He jumps around like a lunatic when his team scores, running to his own supporters, getting them going, and then doesn’t like it when another manager does it.

He is the epitome of a spoilt child.

3 Likes

I still remember how he celebrated when he won in Barcellona with Inter.

Lol Mourinho killing another good player. We should go for him

5 Likes

No symapthy here. He made his bed. He had loads of offers on the table.

7 Likes

Is this the same Mkhitayran that Mourinho paid 25m for?

Tytpical Mourinho, spends a load of money on a player and then when he doesn’t work out, just write them off and move on to the next one.

Apart from Ferguson, what other manager has wasted so much money on players?

1 Like

Come on now. Apart from Veron, Anderson and maybe Berbatov (although Premier League topscorer and winner) Ferguson got a lot back from his bigger transfers.

1 Like

I wouldn’t necessarily trust that source but I definitely buy the more general notion that Mkhitaryan and Mourinho are a bad combination, which many people said before he even signed.

Wenger was perfect coach for him. Understanding & defends his players to a fault.
Especially given the style of football as well.

1 Like

There were a few others like Forlan, Hargreaves, Kleberson, Bebe, and possibly a few others.

But Mourinho is the expert at wasting money.
He used to buy squad players at Chelsea, for more than 20m, and hardly ever played them.

Apart from Hargreaves those other guys don’t even touch the 10 million pound mark.