Manchester United

Erm…What a prick. Won’t let Basti play for any United sides now.

1 Like

Asshole. Not the way to treat a legend.
One of my favourite players and I have never seen any personality issue from him which would compel any manager to treat him this way.

4 Likes

Sounds a lot different to what you wrote initially :wink:

1 Like

It could be both ;).

I happen to believe it’s incredibly unprofessional of Schweinsteiger to stay at a club he’s clearly not wanted at. Mourinho let him know from early that he wasn’t part of his plans and he should have found a new club. To the best of my knowledge he turned down the chance to leave United and I actually think that’s even more unprofessional than Jose banishing him from the first team.

2 Likes

It depends on what offers were on the table surely? Say if Bayern had wanted him back i don’t think he’d have stayed but from what I heard it was a MLS team and maybe he just didn’t fancy that or it would have involved a significant pay cut or something else. Definitely not as clear cut as you make out.

Well for what it’s worth, It seems like from this tweet from August after being told he wasn’t wanted…That post-United (whenever he’d like that to be) he’d be willing to move to MLS or China or elsewhere.

Surely this has got to be causing upset already at Manu. There are players there that have gotten to know him and be pals with him and are probably disgusted with his treatment much like the rest of the world so that in itself makes manu look bad and is tainting their image (not that in my eyes they had a good image anyway) but then think of what goes on in the back of the players minds also with this. Surely they have to be thinking stuff like ‘will this be me if i have a bad day at the office’ or will i be treated this way if i have a disagreement with Mourinho or if he decides to target me or if i dare to even think of speaking my mind’

1 Like

What I don’t understand is how is 35 year old Carrick selectable but 32 year old Schweinsteiger not? Is it due to some flaw in Schweinsteiger’s game? Does he not have the tempo of Carrick or is he a liability defensively? Genuine question here.

Or is it simply that Mou was hoping he could play hardball with him so he would move, to get him off the books?

1 Like

So players should just move as soon as they are told they are not needed?
In similar ways, Should clubs bend over & let players move as soon as they are told they want to leave?

Contracts are there for a reason.
It’s not like United were not aware of his age & injury history before getting him out of his Bayern comfort zone.

Being professional is to abide by the contract.

I also don’t buy that Schweinsteiger was not in Jose’s plan, when players like Felliani, Carrick, Darmian, Rojo get matches.
It’s completely financial & they should take the hit when they make so many idiotic financial decisions.

Time to retire Schweinsteiger

United could probably afford to pay Bastian his current contract for many years to come without it really having much of a dent on their finances. They’re so ridiculously wealthy and their wealth continues to grow in light of all the new marketing deals, sponsorship, merchandise deals and the record TV deal.

It’s not ideal for Bastian to collect those wages and not play but if Jose wanted him in his first team plans he would absolutely be there. I know for a fact nobody at United said to Jose that he has to force Bastian out lol. It absolutely did not work that way. He decided he didn’t want him, like he has done historically, and is forcing the player out. It’s really that simple.

1 Like

Who said contracts come with an obligation of playing.
I am suggesting Schweinsteiger as long as he is abiding by the contract is not being unprofessional at all.

But what exactly is he abiding by? As far as I can see he’s absolutely milking the 200k, knowing he will not be playing first team football and now knowing he won’t even be playing for the reserves and rather than move to a high paying MLS/Chinese team he’ll sit there and collect his 200k a week without playing despite being given ample warning that he won’t play at all by his new manager. That’s pretty unprofessional to me.

Fuck United. Schwein should take them for every last penny those cunts owe him. In fact if I were him I’d be out partying and posting my exploits all over social media thanking those dumb bastards for paying me millions to party. United are a bunch of dumb desperate shit heads. They promissed him the world in desperation because they suck ass so badly. It’s no his fault they are reaching in all these old over the hill signings they make. So now they’ve decided to fuck him off, lol well it’s their own fault so I don’t feel one iota of sadness for that club full of fucktards.

What are you even talking about? They promised him the world in desperation?

Reaching in all these old over the hill signings they make?

This summer they signed a young midfielder in Pogba, a 27 year old Bundesliga player of the year, an athletic and young CB from the La Liga and then brought in a man who scored 50 goals last season despite his age.

They signed one player over 30 how on earth is that bringing in all these over the hill signings lol.

You really don’t have a clue most times.

1 Like

He is abiding by the contract terms.
Much like contracts doesn’t come with obligation of being played, it also doesn’t come with an obligation of moving as soon as manager tells you of his plans of not using you.

Schweinsteiger probably saw the rooster of midfielders ahead of him & fancied his chances.
Felliani, Herrera, Carrick, Schneiderlin are his competition.
It is rather his ever competitive drive that made him stick by.

The manager quite clearly told him I’ll play kids before I even think about playing you. He’s behind Fellaini, Pogba, Herrera, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Rooney and probably even Blind not to mention the academy players all for a position in the squad that is only offered to two player. He’s like 10th choice lol that has nothing to do with a desire to be competitive and everything to do with his desire to continue collecting 200k a week. Trying to play it off as anything else is just strange IMO.

Not denying it.
If I were told that I have to take a hit on my wages when I am at the last bit of my career, I absolutely wouldn’t agree to it.

Footballers may earn a load but they earn it for a small period of time. You want to tell them to be an idiot & take a hit on his wages?

Who else would pay his wages equivalent to 200k? What club out there can do that?
For him to get that it will have to be around 40-50k wage cut.

No smart person will agree to that.

As long as he is not being Unprofessional.
What is disgraceful is a club committing terms to someone & doing their best to not abide by it.

Look at how we are handling Debuchy. Are we making his position untenable by publicly humiliating him?

2 Likes

That’s because you’re unprofessional too lol