Jack Wilshere

We will have to agree to disagree then :slight_smile:

As i said in my original post on this topic, I am probably a bit overly sensitive on this due to Jack being one of us.

It saddens me deeply that it has come to this (a loan move) knowing what a legend he can become.

Worth a punt for pretty much every team in the world.

On the bright side, better he goes on loan to Juventus and returns than he gets miserable and pushes for a permanent move and we never see him again.

But apparently not for us :frowning:

1 Like

‘Football intelligence’ is one of my favourite football buzzwords, often trotted out as a defence of someone: what does it actually mean out of interest?!

I don’t see much football intelligence from Jack when he drops the shoulder, ghosts past his man to start an attacking move, only to run into one defender too many and lose the ball. That’s the Jack Wilshere we’ve seen in fits and starts since 2011 and it doesn’t strike me as very intelligent.

I hate that i’m criticising Jack as we all know how good he HAS been, but I think a lot of the defence of him is based on the emotions of him being a ‘one club man’, hometown boy been with the club since age 8, singing songs about Tottenham from the top of a bus etc.

That’s all well and good, but if you can’t keep a great player fit (and you have increasing options to displace him) then move the guy on.

3 Likes

Or England.

Have none of you thought that there might be something going on behind the scenes…that we might actually be signing ANOTHER big player, whether that be Draxler or Rodriguez? There has been said that the players we have brought in are easily within our budget and if a big name comes available they can easily be bought if Wenger wants them. Has been said that a lot of people think that we potentially are getting another player but wenger is just saying ‘there will be no more’ i have a feeling we have a big signing on the way maybe…maybe a player that will take the no. 10 or Ozil will take the number 10 and the new player will have another number!

I also think it’s damning on the club that Wilshere is the EXACT same player he was at 18.

There has been incremental improvements if anything just like Walcott and Chamberlain seems to be going the same way as does Chambers.

2 Likes

I’m ok with him going to Juventus.
Hope he does well there and at least picks up a couple league medals.

Lol come on. Our business is done.

2 Likes

I want to see what the Juve fans think about this considering they’re always confident they are so superior to us. Now they’re essentially taking our Jaime Vardy on holidays for a season.

1 Like

There is no proof to say we are or are not done. Has been said that we have more than enough money to buy a big name if one becomes available. Sure it might not happen but all of these loans all of a sudden just before the window closes seem to be in preparation for something. Can’t say for sure but to me it seems really strange all of this activity of players going out when we could have kept them for depth…it is almost like Wenger or the board are trying to get wages off the book to prepare for something i could be wrong but a lot of people think that wenger is ‘gonna do a madness’

Dont look too much into the loans. Chambers has gone to get more games and experience. Holding looks to be the better CB already with Gabriel to retrun and Mustafi.

Wilshere needs minutes simple as, preferably full games which he isnt going to get here.

Joel asked to go on loan as he wants first team football and he is good enough to get it.

Gnabry has contract issues plus needs games too.

We still have a vast squad despite all these loans. Perez to come in and add to the attacking force. Iwobi wont be out long. Still loads of options. Cant see us buying more.

2 Likes

I’d be utterly amazed if we brought any more in other than Mustafi and Perez. I only see people outgoing between now and the end of the window.

1 Like

@Maverick79 :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DannyWelbeck.

ornstien gets a lot wrong i dont believe everything he says he is a reactionary journo i dont think he knows any more than most people, he sends out news about transfers when they are common knowledge etc, i think he is better than some but what he says is not gospel either.

Respect to him if he does get to Roma or Juventus, although why you’d turn those two clubs down anyway would be madness. Maybe Woj would help him settle in Rome.

As far as the Prem goes, MIddlesbrough or Southampton look good to me, don’t like the idea of him going to Everton too much: they’re looking dangerous. If he takes the easy route out, it’ll be just down the road at West 'am

2 Likes

I wonder if he will bring his microphone with him.

Can see it now, a Jack Wilshere rendition of ‘forever blowing bubbles’ when West Ham get to the League Cup final.

1 Like

A loan to Juventus might represent Jacks only realistic chance of winning the champions league !