Jack Wilshere

He doesn’t want to to play on the wing and neither as advanced playmaker as Ozil. If he thinks to be better on midfield, will be good to accept a period on loan to recover the best form. to be called again by Big Sam and to return at Colney next year with solid base to ask a shirt into the starting XI.

I prefer Xhaka, Cazorla, Ramsey, Coquelin and Elneny on midfield and Ozil behind the striker. He is the 7th choice. It’s a waste of talent to keep him on the bench ready for League Cup and FA Cup.

Could understand… maybe, If Ramsey was fit. Would like to see Jack get some sharpness back though

Better chance of him getting a decent loan deal if he goes now and not in January. Playing a season away from Arsenal would do him good I think and even better if he could get it in another league at a half decent team.

Hopefully it’s going to happen.

Wilshere to go to Spain and do the Brits abroad proud. Coke and booze in the Spanish sun. He will love it.

12 Likes

I don’t see how it doesn’t work out for Arsenal, particularly.

The guy’s 6th choice centre midfield, if the injury situation gets that bad then the Fates have truly turned their back on you. If someone can pay part of his wages, then so much the better.

Wilshere’s done at this club. It’s been 5 (FIVE) years since his breakout campaign and he’s managed to complete 90 minutes just once since the start of 2014-15 season.

4 Likes

THIS! His future is finished if he doesn’t get game time. He is wayyy down the pecking order at Arsenal FC. He’d be much better off going to another club - preferably outside of England to get minutes under his belt. He is injury prone, and let’s be honest, is turning into good ol Mr Vassiriki.

I’m even a little bit concerned about Ramsey as he’s shown nothing to warrant a place in our first 11 either.

I absolutely hate the thought of this happening. Maybe I am being overly sensitive of this because Jack has been with Arsenal since a boy and theres no doubting he loves the club and plays for the crest.

It is just so frustrating that the injuries have hampered what I have no doubt would be a fantastic career.

But for me, I dont care how injury prone he is I would keep giving him chances because I know he can be the most gifted midfield player for Arsenal for the next 5 years. He towers above Ramsey, Cazorla, Coquelin, Elneny and Xhaka in natural ability as an all round box to box midfield player and I would put him ahead of all them if he is match fit which by all accounts he is at the moment. Yes it might take him 4 or 5 full games to get into the groove but that is a risk worth taking if he can stay fit for a season he will bring steel, goals, assists and more importantly drive to a team that has clearly missed this in the last 3-4 years.

I just couldnt even picture him playing in another clubs shirt it actually makes me sick.

3 Likes

If he can prove his fitness and perform to the level we know he is capable of, he comes back to Arsenal next year vying with Cazorla for a starting position next to Xhaka. And given Cazorla’s age, Wilshere strikes me as the natural successor to that role (provided we stick to a similar system which may not be the case if we have a new manager).

Currently though, we cannot afford to play him into confidence/sharpness. Nor do we need to because we have so many options in central midfield. What’s the point in giving him 5-6 games to get back into the groove when you have Xhaka, Cazorla, Coquelin, Elneny and Ramsey who can all slot in straight away? I don’t want us to take Cazorla out of the starting line-up to get Jack minutes - the output/ceiling of the team is reduced when we do this.

Makes sense to send him away. We should have plenty of cover in his absence barring a catastrophic injury crisis. Plus, you’d imagine that clubs would be quite willing to pay his wages and perhaps a loan fee.

I’m so curious as to where he is going to end up though…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Beyond Xhaka and Santi our CM options are average. Jack shits on Elneny and Ramsey in terms of technical ability and intelligence

4 Likes

However, they all shit on him in terms of fitness.

What this willingless to loan demonstrates is that Jack is approaching last chance saloon at the club, being sent out on loan when you’re an established first teamer is akin to the kiss of death for most players.

Take away sentiment and the idea of a loan makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

Jack has NO intelligence , thats his problem ,along with his injuries of course.
Loaning him out unitl Xmas would be risky ,firstly nobody will pay us anywhere near his 85 K a week wages to to loan him out for 30 k per week would be putting an asset at risk whilst losing 50 a week on him doesnt make sense to me !
Loaning him out for a season would be fucking madness !

1 Like

If we have to sell him, it’s better a permanent move. A loan is just a nonsense.

1 Like

Cazorla flatters to deceive, dont get me wrong he’s a good player, but he’s not as good as Ozil which really would be position I would play Cazorla in, ala David Silva for Man City.

Cazorla doesnt score goals, his assists last season were average at best seeing as he is supposed to be a creative midfield player. Wilshire given a run would get more goals and assists plus he tracks back.

I would play Xhaka and Wilshire in the middle, Ozil in front.

So essentially something like this

GK
RB - CB - CB - LB < Speak for themselves really

-----JW - GX

--------MO/SC
TW/AOC - AS

-----OG/Lucas

1 Like

So does his fitness suddenly improve if he goes somewhere else?

Any loan move involving Jack does not benefit the club imo. I like the midfield the way it is right now.

Also there no sentiment involved here, I want to keep the quality in our midfield

That doesn’t say much, how may midfielders are superior to Ozil in world football? Not being better than him is no crime.

As for flattering to deceive that’s not something I can agree with, Santi has improved as a player since his arrival here being moved back from attacking positions to more of a dictating role in the middle. When he got injured it was a major blow to the team because at that current time no one was able to replicate what he gave us Ramsey tried and failed, Jack would be capable but you already know the deal.

Cazorla doesn’t have the same opportunities for goals and assists as he is played way deeper. Modric at Real and Toni Kroos who are two of the best if not the best CM’s in world football don’t bag monster numbers but their importance to the team is no less because of it.

2 Likes

But dont you think Cazorla is better used where Ozil’s position i the team is. Cazorla is not a box to box midfielder, he is better used further forward or even on the wing to be creative. Wilshire is a similar player to Xhaka but for me Wilshire is more direct than him, that’s what gets him to trouble a lot of the time picking up injuries.

I think considering his age Cazorla is more than fine for the middle he doesn’t have the legs for the advanced attacking positions anymore and there is a superior player who owns that position too.

One of the reasons Wilshere picks up injuries is because he is stubborn and will not change his style of play, he continues to go in for 50/50’s all day long as if he’s ankles aren’t made out of wet tissue.

3 Likes

Santi for me is one of the most gifted technical players we have ever had at the club.

I know he isn’t athletic but I think he does his fair share defensively too, which is quite mature as he’s willing to sacrifice his creative side to cover the midfield holes unlike Ramsey.

Jack doesn’t really do anything for me, he isn’t a steady supply of assists or goals and he isn’t overly atheletic. All he really does is receive the ball deep, burst forward, fall over and win us a free kick. Until he learns how to avoid challenges and release the ball at the perfect moment he will never be a top quality midfielder.

Hence why I’m hugely in favour of the loan idea.

5 Likes

Against Leicester we have seen how is difficult to him to play as advanced playmaker behind the striker. He didn’t attacked the spaces like Ozil vs Watford. His role is on midfield and was in this role where he became the most important player for our squad.

1 Like