Gonzalo Higuaín

I thought the whole point of getting a world class striker was so we could have Giroud as cover.
If we buy Higuain for 50m and give them Giroud as well, what happens if Higuain gets injured?
Which is more than likely in our team.

That’s not strengthening the striker position, it’s just replacing.

I see what you mean, but Higuain is much better than Giroud, therefore it would obviously be strengthening our attack. Feels disingenuous to just call it “replacing”

1 Like

But it means that if Higuain is injured we have no one capable of seriously doing the job for a top four club, until Welbeck is fit.

Assuming this is correct, that should rule Juventus out, their offer would have had to include players, most likely Zaza & Pereyra and the clause is unlikely if not out of their reach.

People need to think that maybe Giroud actually will want to go out and play football every week. Not all players are content to just be bench fodder and collect their money. Sure we’d all love him to be our Andy Carrol for ten minutes in a game where we our stuck but fuck that.Lets start playing dynamic, fast paced, clinical football like the Arsenal of old and win the game before injury time.

2 Likes

Burgundy what sources are you going with that is making you entertain this so much? Everything is really weak, very similar to the Mkhitarian rumours.

It’s called the internet bro.

Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli is the SSC Napoli official radio but I don’t know if they are reliable or not. I want to listen the podcast before to say anything.

1 Like

I don’t think it’ll happen, yet to see a really good source convince me otherwise, but our interest looks definite and I’m hopeful.

1 Like

Course our interest is definite, you just have to look back to when he was leaving Real. Wenger is obviously a huge fan and the fact that he’s went on to do exceptional things in Italy won’t have changed that.

At the time Wenger made the right choice and pursued the better player in Suarez but with the market what it is atm I’d be genuinely surprised if Wenger doesn’t do everything within his power to land Higuain - yes even trade Giroud.

Fact of the matter is we want a striker but there aren’t too many world class ones available. If Wenger doesn’t close this deal he’s lost to me. 5 years of inability to sign a top striker is beyond incompetence.

2 Likes

50 million? The world’s gone mad! See you in League One after the administration proceedings boys.

I don’t know what will be the next squad for Gonzalo Higuain.

Juventus haven’t the founds to buy him because if you have the money to pay the release clause, what is the sense to offer two your players? Juventus wants an agreement but don’t want to pay the clause.

Arsenal have the money, but the first offer is 50M + Olivier Giroud. Everybody here, when have read the news, have thought ‘Giroud? Impossible, Wenger loves him’.

Next will we will understand.

As much as I would love Higuain, we should not be getting rid of Giroud as part of the deal.
Keeping Olivier and signing Higuain, now that is a great deal, and if Mahrez is coming as well, then we may have a very good window…fingers crossed…

2 Likes

Sometimes you need to sacrifice something in order to get better.

2 Likes

I do agree SD, however I do not think that we should sacrifice Olivier.
We must have some sacrificial lambs we need to get rid off…

Nobody wants our lambs.

It’s impossible to keep Giroud if Higuain will join us. Juventus will sell Mandzukic if they will buy Gonzalo, many strikers have refused to sign for Napoli because it’s impossible to play when you’re behind the best number 9 in the World.

If Higuain will join us, the frenchman will ask to leave if he will not be part of the deal.

Giroud isn’t the best striker in Europe but he deserves to play because is a very good striker, he should be a waste of talent to keep him like a Chamakh.

1 Like

If people ever saw Higuaín (or any other striker of his level or better) in an Arsenal shirt they’d realise that Giroud is about as big of a sacrifice as giving a few small coins to the beggar on the corner so he’ll leave you alone and let you can get on with your day.

4 Likes

It’s about his quality as a second option, no-one is worried about sacrificing Giroud as first choice.

4 Likes

Were you worried about his reserve when Van Persie scored over 30 league goals?

2 Likes