Arsène Wenger

So now I would prefer a billionaire that allows the club to be run in the same way it always has and dosent pump his own money into the club and make us just another vanity project for some cunt

Yeah we get it, you are happy to never win the premier league again because we are better than 99 % of the clubs in England, we win more games than we lose so most weekends you will be happy :+1:

11 Likes

How is saying be grateful for all the genuinely wonderful stuff you have in your life and you should stop acting like your a starving child in a third world country the same as saying you wouldn’t also like more nice things?

Who on this forum said that?

Why do you have to grossly exaggerate it to there point of lunacy.

All anyone is saying is we don’t try hard enough at the club and don’t go all out and get the players we deserve.

If you think Wenger, Kroenke, and the rest of the board are doing their best and that we should be grateful for getting fifth place because there are only four clubs above us but hundreds of clubs below us, that’s fine, but don’r expect the majority of the rest of us to sit back and tolerate mediocrity when we should clearly be doing better.

If every supporter was like you, Wenger and the board wouldn’t have to do anything more than take their wages and carry on with the arrogant way they treat the very people who pay them.

1 Like

It’s referring to a convosation in another thread where that exact analogy is being used mate

good lad. :hipster:

3 Likes

I apologise.
That’s fair enough.

Yep, selling rather than buying :hipster:

6 Likes

DOOM MONGER

4 Likes

selling players also makes you busy. I will be busy, yes

2 Likes

I remember a few seasons ago when he said we wouldn’t be selling Cesc or Nasri and that “we would be very busy in the transfer window”
We then went on to sell Cesc and Nasri in the same transfer window.

I also remember when he said we would be definitely buying a midfielder, when we were desperate for a quality player.
He then got Kallstrom, who was already injured when he arrived.

Wenger says a lot of things but a lot of what he says is very misleading.

Like you say, most of his activity will be selling players we should have sold ages ago rather than buying some top quality players that we need.

1 Like

Yes you remember all the bad stuff and none of the good. We get it.

6 Likes

Remind me of all the good stuff.
All those transfer windows where we bought so many world class players and blew all the opposition aside.
I can only remember Ozil and Sanchez, who don’t seem to remember as much good stuff as you, or else they would have signed new contracts.

Come on, that’s all the good you can think of?

1 Like

Yes.

Of course, i meant it. At least we finally get rid of our deadwoods.

That’s exactly the point, it’s not comparable at all.

Tbf, if I weren’t recovering from four days straight of partying I probably would’ve gone with the rich kid vs. the poor kid in the same country. There are things the poor kid has that the rich kid would die for (ability to appreciate small things, ignorances which make the many things not appreciable, etc.). Anyways, I think unless you’re trying to be purposefully a bit obtuse then you understand the force of the analogy. The point is the same: happiness is relative to expectations and past experiences, and the expectations and past experiences are vastly different, and there are different types of suffering. Comparing achieves nothing, unless you can rewind the past, take away all past experiences, and make us fans of a different team/make us the poor kid.

1 Like

But your reaction to passed experiences is all about perseption, Plenty of rich people know and understand that their problems arnt comparable to that of someone who struggles to get food to eat every day

They could approach it as if they are and be in a constant state of dispare even though their really isn’t any need to be or they could realise that regardless of life’s stresses they are extremely lucky and should act like it

Like the saying “first world problems.” Sure you can throw a hissy fit because your latest update on your iphone 8 changed a bunch of settings and inconvenienced you, however in the grand scheme of things you should be thankful for what you’ve got and how much better off you are than others.

4 Likes

Pretty simple really isn’t it?

1 Like