Arsène Wenger

Yes but now we can see who supports Trion and who supports Morris in their bitchy little Wenger flame wars. I’m going to like both their comments to stir the pot.

Just realised how difficult the start of the season might be for us. It’s possible we’ll be missing Alexis, Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey, Koscielny and obviously Welbeck. Not sure about Leicester but Liverpool won’t be missing many, only Emre Can it looks like.

Thank fuck we don’t have any Champions league qualifiers.

1 Like

Exactly

If we had already purchased a CB, a CM/DM, and a damn good striker at this moment, do we still need to show interest on Higuain in he is suddenly available on August 30th??

I don’t see too many big teams out there need to wait for bargains on the deadline day and still not yet complete their roster for the new season, except us.

3 Likes

Going to buy another Japanese/Asian player?
Just kidding.
I will judge him when the transfer window is closed, we will also see if he can lock up some transfers early enough and prepare for the new season, or he tries to get some bargains on the last couple of days and the team is not well prepared.

That’s good on the one hand but worrying on the other.
That suggests the likes of Theo and Ox are staying and are part of the quality quoted.
I might be over critical here. That comes of not being able to challenge Leciester for the league with Ozil and Sanchez I guess.

2 Likes

I wonder if he’s including players that are going to be “like a new signing” like Wilshere and Welbz.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Jenks and our superstar Sanogoal

Suddenly we have 4 new signings…

You didn’t mean to, but yeah what you’re celebrating is effectively the benefits of us not doing business early.

Chelsea bought Schurlle, Eto’o and Willian that summer (I think Willian was probably the day before the Ozil/Benzema story broke, I seem to remember that one being quite late in the window). City had already bought Navas, Jovetic and Negredo. Bayern had bought Gotze.

I know these clubs spend huge amounts of money but I doubt they’d really be wanting to spend £40m/150k a week on an attacking player after they’ve already spent a lot filling up all their spaces. Given the chance earlier in the window to pick up a player that good at that price? There’s no way that nobody else in the world would have competed with us.

3 Likes

What the fuck!
It was totally not my point.

Invincible said that Ozil & Sanchez fell into Wenger’s lap; which as PPB mentioned is stating like some Pokemon surfaced in front of Wenger.

Wenger clearly put efforts in getting Ozil & Sanchez in and framing it as if Real Madrid & Barcelona made a favour to Wenger is just reaching.

I don’t know how this translated into Trion celebrates a late signing.

heck in my discussion, Sanchez was mentioned & he was an early signing; so is Trion celebrating early signing as well?

1 Like

Well Sanchez was obviously us making moves (I’d argue he was a step below Ozil though and probably a step below 2016 Higuain after his recent season) but Ozil obviously wasn’t. I seem to remember it being quite desperate at the time, along the lines of “Arsenal in talks for Ozil/Benzema/Di Maria” so basically “Arsenal desperate for any quality in attack, will take whoever Madrid want to throw away” on the 30th :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ozil was a total fluke, no two ways about it. The stars aligned for us it’s as simple as that. We we’re very proactive with Alexis, hopefully we can do the same over the next couple of weeks with HIguain.

I remember that multiple events factored in Ozil’s transfer.

1. Arsenal knew one of those 3 would be sold if Real bought Bale.
  2. Mourinho was sacked & Ancelotti was just appointed and he had not decided whom of those 3 he was to sell; but Arsenal were okay with anyone of them, most preferably Benzema.
  3. Isco & Illaramendi were signed so Real had one too many attacking midfielders.
  4. Bale was signed but not unveiled because Tottenham wanted to get other players in.
  5. Finally Ozil was asked to leave & we were there with our briefcase.

I wouldn’t call it a fluke. I would call it a calculated gamble.
We waited for stars to align.
Anyone who remembers that summer would remember who all 3 of those were constantly linked with Arsenal.

Edit - One of 4 as Higuain was also in our bucket list but Suarez was too tempting.

How could anyone not remember that summer we almost signed Suarez. I’m pretty sure Ozil wasn’t linked with us all summer, he came as a bit of a shock towards the end of the window to most.

He wasn’t linked all summer but he was certainly one of 3 players touted to be sold to fund Bale.

These quotes are 3 years old, trolls are reposting them on Twitter as new.

Seriously? Sorry, I delete the post immediately.

1 Like

So, new season is imminent, team desperately needs a striker, wide player and another CB. Instead of getting business done and intergrating the new players into the squad, Arsenal are sitting on their hands.

Why does Arsene insist on rolling the dice to start every season? Does he really think that Gab and Per at CB and Theo at striker is a good idea to start the season versus Liverpool and Leicester?

That tells you that Arsenal really aren’t interested in competing for a title.

3 Likes

I’m agree, we compete to be relegated.

The end is near, c’mon Arsène, sell all the players!

:facepalm:

2 Likes

We kept Diaby around for 10 years and paid him millions to never play any games. This is somewhat refreshing when you look at the big picture.

1 Like

Lol relegation. The classic Wenger boy comeback

3 Likes