Arsène Wenger

So we get back to the Leciester argument then. The league been done to death but we have not matched a 2 legged result like they managed against Seville in the very least. Surely its not to much to expect less goals than 10 to bayern and 8 to barca in the last 2 seasons.

1 Like

Wenger in wenger out poll…just to see how many wenger mugs i can sell…And what design to put on them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Wenger in
  • Wenger out

0 voters

We’ve beaten better teams than Sevilla, the problem being in the knock outs it’s always been top 3 clubs in the world in Bayern/Barce. Bar the Monaco year, which was a cock up, granted.

Also we could have easily conceeded less than 8/10 if we played defensive but the team was still trying to win so got picked apart.

Even if it is through the board doesn’t provide those funds, Arsenal should have done better than they did in 14/15 and 15/16. That’s 100% Wenger’s responsibility.

The thing is most fans and posters consider the following to be not good enough:

Old versions of Arteta/Flamini
Any version of Giroud/Walcott/Gibbs/Ramsey/Debuchy/Szchezney
Injury proneness of Rosicky/Wilshere/Ramsey/Chamberlain

So why are you expecting a manager to do better when those are the players he has in his squad?

He should get another chance to win the league.

Go all out for a striker and we have what it takes.

1 Like

I am of the stance that his time has come to an end BUT give him these 2 years to get in a PROPER manager I don’t want him to just leave and then we go and recruit some manager like Howe. If he was to stay for 2 years and meanwhile we are on the case with sorting out a manager like Allegri then I am for that. I don’t want Wenger to leave and we do another shitting thing like Manu. Manu can fuck up and they have untold amounts of money and enough pedigree to just get whatever players they want and whatever manager to a degree even if they have no European football.

Look at what they managed to do with so little success get players like Pogba (to me he is shit but they wanted him and got him for a world record fee), Di Maria 60m for him and binned him, Got Ibra…now could be going for Griezmann etc.

If we are out of Europe for an extended amount of time i feel we would struggle to get back in it because we would have to go for just talents and we would lose our big names and could end up like Liverpool not winning anything for ages and stuck out of Europe whilst our money and prospects dwindle because top players don’t want to join.

I rather steady the ship until we can get an elite manager in, as much as Wenger annoyed me this season, he has shown that he can still do a madness and the players will still play for him and he knows this club inside and out. I rather (even if it is not the greatest) ‘suffer’ a couple more mediocre frustrating seasons and be stable than chuck everyone on a new unknown manager that was a panic buy and fuck us for the future.

Those were not the only players in his squad. He had every opportunity to replace those players too. But he chose not too. We had a team which was 3rd best in 13/14, which was a fair place to finish for that squad. He had money available in 2014, but in stead of getting better, we got worse. In 15/16 we didn’t even need to play an extraordinary season to win the League, but be consistent and we bottled it.

There really is no denying we underperformed during those two seasons.

1 Like

Wenger bought them and continues to start them in the first team.
He goes into transfer windows desperate for players and still leaves positions unfilled.

If those players you listed aren’t good enough, or often injured, or both, then why does he pay them massive wages and keep putting them in the starting line up.
He could easily get 20-30m for players like Ramsey, Walcott, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Giroud etc, and sell them and get players but he doesn’t.

So he must think they are good enough, and if they’re not, who is to blame?

Adam’s should probably stop giving interviews.

5 Likes

That is bang out of order really. For starters how in the fuck would he know what the coaches etc are on. Did they all get together and discuss wages…why is he talking about Wengers money anyway, everyone gets paid differently and that dig about friends, TBH i genuinely think Wenger has more friends than he does as he seems a bitter lonely man now!

3 Likes

Adams reeks of bitterness, it’s getting pathetic. Complete embarrassment

10 Likes

It’s probably what he was offered when he was a candidate for the u18s job which he turned down to go to China.

4 Likes

Is Tony Adams drunk? I thought he gave up the booze?

He needs to stop talking. That Mr Arsenal crown is in danger of falling to the ground and splitting into a thousand pieces.

3 Likes

You’re assuming ‘he had the money’ but since Kroenke took over finances have been tightened and lies year on year of a ‘war chest’ have been obvious bullshit going back a decade now. Maybe he couldn’t buy until he got wages off the books. Maybe deals fell through. We don’t know the realities of the situation.

As for ‘bottling it’ it’s lazy analysis, in truth a spine with an ancient Flamini and Giroud in it wasn’t good enough. There simply wasn’t enough quality in the team after a decade of under investment.

When there’s a decade of underinvestment the buck stops solely at board level. But again we’re talking about winning things and that hasn’t been the boards objective for over a decade now.

If anything Wenger is the victim of the different objectives of the board and our fans. He’s met the boards objectives time and again. The fans rightfully want more but the board aren’t willing to spend to make that happen.

1 Like

When you achieve 79 points and add Alexis Sanchez and Welbeck in the summer, one expects us to perform better. There was some quality there. Not to win the League, but at least compete for it and achieve a point total equal to or better than 79. Not the rubbish start we had that season and play catch up all season.

In 15/16 Flamini was 4th choice. Arsenal should have most definitely taken advantage of City, United and Chelsea being awful and that squad was certainly good enough to do so. But we didn’t. That’s not because of a lack of resources, but poor management rather.

1 Like

He has failed in the PL, when’s the last time he’s won it or Challenged for it. He has failed in the CL, when’s the last time he’s won it (never) and got past the last 16. i’m fed up with Wenger fan’s saying he’s never been given money, he outspend Chelsea last season and still finished 5th. Yes it’s nice to win the Fa Cup, but let’s stop painting over the cracks on this one that Wenger has underachieved with Arsenal for the last few years.

1 Like

Yes get the fuck in @mallard these entitled Arsenal fanatics need a little bit of a wake up call. Glad you are here to set the record straight.

Well that’s something you’ve proven to be incapable of doing so I’m not surprised you’re relieved to see someone else giving it a go :wink:

3 Likes

If “entitled Arsenal fanatic” means you don’t want to see us finish outside the top four, and our best players clamouring for to leave, then count me in.

1 Like