Arsène Wenger

Is this how we’re supposed to rate a good manager?

A lot of the abuse Wenger gets isn’t personal. Many fans have said that they hold no ill feeling and if he was to leave they’d say thank you and wish him all the best in whatever he does next. But in our current situation - the FA Cup win aside - we’ve had a bad season and he doesn’t seem the right man to get us back to the top. It’s become incredibly frustrating to watch. The fans are well in their right to direct some of that frustration at Wenger’s door. Just because he hasn’t murdered anyone it doesn’t make him any less culpitable in the season we’ve had.

2 Likes

If they don’t perform for him, then stop picking them.
He has been here longer than any other manager so he should know if a player is not performing then pick some else who will.
I would have thought that not picking a player that keeps under performing, is a basic rule in management.

It’s no good saying it’s the players that aren’t performing, if the manager is doing the same thing.

The next time he writes to you, could you please write back and ask him, why he never learns from his mistakes and why he never admits anything he does is wrong and blames everyone else for what he has done.

1 Like

Everybody is entitled to their opinion & I respect that. We’ll just have to agree to disagree respectfully. But ridiculous suggestion of yours that I write to Mr Wenger along those lines!

1 Like

Agree with much of what you have said but like Mr Wenger I will never agree with lack of respect shown and such vitriolic comments. This applies to manager, fans and everybody else at our club!

1 Like

We’ll have to agree to disagree respectfully. I respect all opinions here as you should mine…end of…

Lame duck argument that Mallard.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @mallard, nice to see you diving straight in to the thick of things :thumbsup:

Our numbers of Wenger loyalists have dwindled in recent times so I’m sure that there will be a few people very happy to see they have a new ally :wink:

I was wondering when the next wave of AKBs might rock up :laughing: Enjoy the forum @mallard!

1 Like
4 Likes

Exactly. Would really love to finally win an european trophy.

We have won in Europe…

Calls for some respect and gets labled straight away. How typical. :smile:

1 Like

Than you. It’s my first time here and it’s lovely to find some Mr Wenger loyalists here! I’ve always supported him and always will. On a personal front, my dear dad supported arsenal all his life and when he was 80 and when he passed away Mr Wenger sent me hand written letters and any signed team photo. He’s also written to me twice more since and always replies promptly and with utmost courtesy. How many other managers would take the time and trouble to do that?

4 Likes

Mister Wenger sir? Shine your shoes Mister Wenger?

And if your good self would be so kind as to throw a top signing or two our way, we’d be ever so grateful Mister Wenger sir.

Probably a bit harsh but I’m done with sentiment.

1 Like

Thats actually lovely. I don’t suppose we could see the letters?

Really nice touch.

1 Like

It is a lovely touch but I’m sorry, equally how do you know other managers wouldn’t do that? :thinking:

1 Like

@mallard That’s a very nice thing of him to do and he deserves all cred and respect. So I fully understand you’re feelings for him. I’m sure he is a very nice man and wants only the best for himself and Arsenal.
He is however in charge of a corporation in a global billionaire industry and should (in every right) be held accountable for repeated mistakes and failures. I’m not defending the abuse and slating of him as a human being, but the right to protest against him is not disrespectful in any way. We all know what he’s done for this club, but he has overstayed his welcome as a manager, not as a human being. There’s a difference. I wanted him replaced 8 years ago but don’t see him leaving for another 2 years.

1 Like

Barring this season, he hasn’t failed in the PL or CL bar board expectations and investment. Fans may want him to win the league/CL, but the board doesn’t expect it or provide funs to be competitive.

1 Like

He sent letters to a few peoples families i know including the fella in my profile pic… Its standard practice which is a nice touch from Arsenal/Arsene, GG did it aswell…
At my age im getting to see more and more of these letters going to people ive known…

One good performance and boat loads of cum… Ffs… His time is up…

1 Like