Arsène Wenger

Taylor deserves to be pushed for his blatant cheating against Aston Villa a few years ago alone.

Yeah not a good look. Passion is one thing, but putting your hands on the ref is not something you should do. Can’t imagine he gets away without a ban - the FA can’t have people disrespecting their refs let alone resorting to physical means to display their anger.

I asked this in the MDC to @A.F and I’m actually genuine when I ask it:

Am I just older and a bit more aware tactically or is Wenger’s football more and more indigestible with each passing season?

Today was so frustrating, just a little bit more patience once we established possession in the final third/Burnley’s half, and we could’ve been breaking them down at will, but we are so overly direct/so quick to cross…I don’t remember the teams of the late 00s this way, but am I just remembering wrong?

For example I would die to hear people complaining about ‘tippy-tappy’ football again…

1 Like

No, you don’t remember it wrong. Since Fabregas and Nasri left our football went with them. We’re playing this frustrating, stale and boring football for 6 seasons now.

With Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott etc. and even Sanchez to a degree, who has the same hit-and-miss style of football as Suarez but at a lower level imo, you’re not going to do great things in another team’s final third.

1 Like

3 Likes

State of that notification bar! :hushed::hushed:

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Its made me feel uneasy.

2 Likes

:santi:

The play with Santi in the team is clearly forgotten, @AbouCuellar

I just think Ramsey isn’t good enough to dictate the game on his terms.

Despite signing Santi on for another year, which we should’ve done by the way, I think the key this summer is to find a new Santi, with the ability to draw attention, have beautiful footwork and an eye for quick passing.

However, on a day of victory and fun, I can’t be bothered nitpicking the game for its flaws. They all have them.

Second and rising. If results go our way this coming week, and we somehow knock off Chelsea, oh boy is it game on!

1 Like

He’s going to get a massive punishment for pushing an official !
This is how abuse starts ,it begins with zippers, moves onto water bottles and coffee cups and then
with 4th officials .
Its a slippery slope Arsene , he’l be down the pub sniffing charlie and getting into brawls down WHL before you know it !

13 Likes

first time you’ve made me laugh @Drayton.

Keep it up; replace that with your usual dross.

2 Likes

I live for your approval ! (who is this person?)

10 Likes

ah the memory does start to go as you get old.

Still remember 89?

I remember there are a lot of idiots on here ,just didnt remember you as your a low key fool without much to say beyond what u can pick up from a rag or twitter .

2 Likes

all from a compliment about your humour.

I feel dirty having hijacked this.

Well you did basically imply he’s a shit poster :joy:

1 Like

Actually you came up showing Arsenal ,now its showing redandwhitearmy ,thats odd ??? Mods ???

Anyway Gong XI FA Chai !

:arteta: yess Arsene!

1 Like

Oh no, now who is going to wait to the 70th minute to bring oxlade on.

6 Likes

:joy::joy:

Got told off today by my coworker over this - In hindsight I can say it was pretty poor showing from Wenger and it’s not something worthy of praise. That type of behaviour isn’t acceptable at any level of English football especially not at the highest level regardless how pumped up you are.

Officials in lower leagues and especially at grassroots already have a tough time of it. Having a top level manager acting like that does not help their situation one bit, it only diminishes the status and respect officials should be afforded and encourages needless physical and verbal abuse.

1 Like