Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough (Premier League)

not at all. Not a huge fan of Elneny typically but I have to admit he was spot on in the first half.

Weā€™ve went top of the league :wink:

2 Likes

And still above Tottenumb :ozil2:

I could make the argument this is our worst performance in the league this year. We actually dominated Liverpool but were undone by inexperience there, Leicester was just a stalemate, but we should have lost by a couple goals today. Not sure if Iā€™m happy with the point considering the circumstances. Elneny is OK as a holding midfielder but he was our main issue imo today. He just stood around and didnā€™t push the tempo, it was irritating to say the least.

Garbage performance matched with a garbage result, looked totally bereft of ideas. All in all its 2 points dropped at home against a side that has every chance of getting relegated.

1 Like

We could have lost and we could have won at the same time. Itā€™s not like we didnā€™t have the chances.

This one or Burnley.

But still 6 clean sheets in 7 games canā€™t be ignored, even if a few of those were lucky. No-oneā€™s running away with the league this year, it will be close at the top all the way through to May, so i wouldā€™ve thought a 6 game win streak in this league is about as good as we could wish for.

1 Like

No wonder they give those irritating commentators to you in America, you talk the exact same crap.

1 Like

Got on top of them in first half but were wasteful with poor passing and lack of clinical edge. Then Boro got confidence and saw they could hurt us with Traore (frankly, we could easily have been down at HT) and then they just ground it out and rode their luckā€¦ frustrating game and you feel we would rue that first half and we did.

2 points dropped and worryingly giving away too many very good chances.

1 Like

Exactly, plus Boro have only lost once by two goals this season. Am i right?

It was good performance in some respects, but if you look at the chances we conceded in the first half and our lack of real creation of great chances for most of the game, it is a bit selective to say this was anything but a frustrating and largely ineffective performance against a team that really shouldnā€™t be troubling us.

We had lots of possession and for a while dominated them, pinning them deep in their half and but we created f*ck all and then boom they had 2 awesome chances and hit the woodwork on FK. We were horrible against the counter and suddenly Boro raised their game with confidenceā€¦ a very old Arsenal-like performance against far inferior opponent.

Blunt performance. duller than a plastic butter knife.

Ozil,Walcott and Sanchez were all quite poor. They need to be rotated and rested more or they will succumb to injury soon enough

Yeah well excuse me Iā€™ve not been watching soccer my whole life so I donā€™t know the ins and outs of the media punta position as Iā€™m sure you do. What were your thoughts on the match?

Iā€™d say these games are a good reason why we need more creativity from our right wing too. If one of Cazorla or Ozil is absent weā€™re fucked.

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely true, this game was begging for a right winger with a bit more quality and dribbling.

Wouldā€™ve been nice to have a player like Gnabry in a game like this. (Not to mention Fekir of course) Ramsey too couldā€™ve been a big help (if heā€™d not be a cunt and accept that his position is on the right as an ā€˜interiorā€™).

2 Likes

From what I saw Walcott beat his man time and time again; what we lack was the cutting edge in the final third, I think giroud would have been the better option in this sort of game.

1 Like

Ox should have started this game in CM, no joke.

Weā€™ve been a little lucky this season anyway, we didnā€™t deserve any more than we got from Liverpool/Leicester and should have probably drawn with Southampton and Burnley, no arguments from me, plain shit today.

2 Likes

Nahhh, canā€™t agree there, one thing we did do really well was win the ball high up the pitch, in fact what danger we created before the late siege was usually when we did this. Ox isnā€™t really capable of that and heā€™s not really going to even offer much more creativity or quality of passing than Coquelin when they are organised and set and it isnā€™t a situation where weā€™re winning the ball back.

Heā€™s useful in the siege phase, though. Actually I was hoping weā€™d see him out wide for Walcott, because we couldā€™ve used with a bit of dribbling and directness during that phase. I wouldā€™ve taken Elneny off for Reine Adelaide and Walcott for Ox.

Yup, what about it?

Wenger did take Sanchez, Walcott and Santi off vs Ludo, probably (for them) to save some juice for this game. Still kept thinking we looked like heavy legs, especially Sanchez and Ɩzil. But Wenger assesses the squad every morning, maybe they just let him down from complacency as well. Even our defensive players slacked.