Alexis Sánchez

The metro. Hahahaha

@arsenalweng you really are posting some awful sources today :laughing:

One of the most clickbait articles I actually have ever seen.

He can’t leave with two dogs :ozil2:

Iwobi’s rise to prominence has definitely helped massively. All four forwards on their day are a real danger for you, stretching defences.

Very solid ‘false 9’ performance. Opening up the defence for the first goal with the ‘pre-assist’ and had the assist for Ozil’ goal by dropping back. The unpredictability Sanchez up top offers, by him being everywhere and players moving around him, is what we lacked a bit.

2 Likes

He’s underrated in the sense that he assists and links up well with everyone. I think a lot of non-Arsenal fans think he is a purely attack minded winger who scores goals. Of course he isn’t, four goals and three assists in the league; I rubbed one out for that Özil assist. I love those dinked chips he does, trademark Alexis that.

I love this front three and long may it continue.

All-round offensive player. This new position is like a second life for Alexis.

The main unpredictability yesterday seemed to be passing to the opposition and never being in the penalty area. Aside from that very good assist he was pretty shocking.

It sort of works because Theo moves into the vacated space but if Theo gets injured we’d be pretty much fucked.

1 Like

It’s great as long as Walcott and Ozil can keep scoring regularly. This guy does it all.

A ‘false 9’ is not going to fill that roll in like a traditional striker like Giroud, obviously. It wasn’t a perfect perfomance, but that will come I believe. The attack leading to the 1-0 was him dropping back, taking away the attention from Bellerin/Walcott a little and by playing in Bellerin space was created for Walcott to pop in and score. Not everything players do will appear on stat sheets. Players moving out of position and taking each others position over is the whole premise of Wengerball in attacking sense. Something we seriously lacked in the past.

With him upfront we are at least consistent at creating chances. I couldn’t care less about whose on the end of those chances.

3 Likes

A false 9 should still be getting in good positions to score, if you look at Messi, he always made good off the ball runs and had plenty of shots, Alexis seems incapable of doing this. Despite barely making runs he still managed to be offside 5 times.

We may be creating plenty but he’s not the 1 responsible for chance creation, Chamberlain created more than him yesterday in his brief cameo. And he had 65% pass accuracy despite dropping deep.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have potential as a false 9, if he can improve his movement alone he will score buckloads.

Loving Alexis playing upfront with Theo and Iwobi on the wings and Ozil just behind…although he didn’t score yesterday he was making great runs and creating space for others to run into. I think we have found our world class striker! Great atmosphere at the Emirates yesterday!

Feels much better having him, Theo, Ozil, Iwobi all playing together instead of having a slow player up front

I’m loving the way Sanchez has developed his game even further under Wenger. When he hit 25 goals in his first season playing on the left, you felt he was pretty much at his peak or thereabouts.

But now Le Boss has given him a new job which he’s taken to like a duck to water. I feel he’s more of a team player now than his previous two seasons, linking up brilliantly with the players around him. Gets his head up more often now too. Loving it.

7 Likes

He still fails to see a clear and open Walcott sometimes but his overall performances have been crucial to our recent results.

What’s also rather promising, is the fact that options like Perez, Giroud and eventually Welbeck will become available over the course of the season if and when we need to change it up.

It’s been a success story so far.

1 Like

Tbh I’d ignore Walcott too 9 times out of 10

2 Likes

Yep and most likely be without 4-5 goals because of it i.e. Giroud at lescister 4 minutes left goes goal Walcott open 7 yards from goal and he decides to shot from an acute angle hits the keeper straight on, 2 points dropped.

Yep. That one shot was the sole reason we didn’t win.

1 Like

There were many factors, mainly decision making; but it takes one selfish decision to cost us a game or points it’s that simple. No mater what happened during game that one chance cost us more (it takes one goal to win a game)