Alexis Sánchez

It does play into the larger picture that you won’t win jack shit with Giroud linking up with Theo.

2 Likes

In terms of aesthetics that’s my favourite Arsenal goal in a long, long time.

Absolute filth.

3 Likes

Better than Aguero.

2 Likes

He’s certainly having a good season

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/3z0z.mp4?token=1478154887_5915584a90449e9a883151c033d37f5d2bf0c0ef

Ozil & Sanchez’s pass in this bit of play. World class players.

Sanchez with no look pass again. Those two are just messing with us now.

4 Likes

Alexis Sanchez at Barcelona:
141 games
47 goals
27 assists

Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal:
105 games
48 goals
28 assists

9 Likes

Take this Barca! :wenger:

Alexis is a jet no doubt about it, I just wish he could take that next step to the top top level of players e.g. Augero level.

I don’t think he’s far off Aguero tbh.

5 Likes

I want to see him bag 20-25 League goals before I start saying he’s on the level of Aguero.

1 Like

Needs to be playing at least one season though at CF before you hold goals against him. If you look at what Alexis has achieved at an international level it’s definitely not out of the realms of possibility to consider them at roughly the same level of ability.

Are we talking ability as a striker?

Because it’s not really comparable IMO.

Certainly not yet anyway.

Superb performance. He’s now reached 50 goals for the club after his 2 goals today, he’s racked them up quickly :smiley:

2 Likes

What I don’t get with the above stat, and the many you see like it, is if all of those 79 goals he scored or assisted came in those 100 starts? Or did some of the goals/assists come in sub appearances, which if included make the stat seem less impressive and less neat than the nice round number of 100.

On his way to become an Arsenal legend

Yes and it’s the same same with his stats here vs. at Barca, I love it that he got the same hockey points here in much fewer appearances, but at Barca he had buckets of sub appearances and was occasionally pushed way out wide on the wing for large portions of a game. I just take most of these “stats” as broad suggestions that things are going well :smiley:

That being said, his goals and performances here, and the fact that time and time again it is his shear tenacity, eagerness, work rate and drive that gets him the goals just make him such a pleaser from a fan’s point of view :heart_eyes:

50 goals now, absolutely on fire. Get home and celebrate with Atom and Humber LOL

2 Likes

I think Sanchez has only ever come on from Bench once or twice. He has mostly started for us.

Bad man

4 Likes

Yeah I knew that with Sanchez it would likely make little difference. I just hoped for an answer because I’ve asked it a few times before regarding the old “x goals/assists in y starts”. In particular a while back with Giroud, which was actually pertinent because Giroud scores quite a lot from the bench.