Alexis Sánchez

It would unforgivable if we lost him for financial reasons alone. He is indispensable at this moment in time so give him what he wants. It would be crazy to lose him and spend another 3 years trying to fill his void.

2 Likes

Yeah the striker market is dry AF right now. Alexis playing like this, at that position is invaluable.

Plenty of world class wingers out there though. DO IT WENGER.

1 Like

Exactly.
We have several players here earning top class players wages who aren’t in that category.
Sell a couple of them and give it to the two best players at the club.
Like I said before, if we don’t another club will.

Do we really want to see Ozil or Sanchez running around someone else stadium holding League winners or CL winners medals?

Wow.
One kidney? Not two?
Good on you Trionm. Who got the other one?

What makes you think our club has such little money we have to sell players to pay competative salaries?

You keep stating the obvious of ‘if we don’t another team will’, and I’m sure that was the case when we bought them initially. They aren’t the first contracts the club are renewing and they are well aware of what’s needed to avoid players leaving and are adamant that is no longer possible.

It really isn’t worth rehashing, let alone using it as the basis to moan about something. :slight_smile:

Don’t we have a policy that a player can’t earn more than the manager? If so that limits our best players to 8m ish a year. That rule needs to be abolished.

Because we could keep Walcott and Bellerin ?

Arsene’s contract is a little unusual. If I recall, he gets a high basic but low bonuses. All in all its more than 8 Mil, but I’m not sure how much more.

Huh?

I’m not convinced we can keep players like Ozil and Sanchez, who can really attribute to other clubs unlike our other players, at the club yet. The two players we have renewed recently are Walcott and Bellerin, Walcott is overrated and Bellerin still has enough time to leave.

If we lost both Alexis and Özil because of financial reasons, that would be a massive egg on face moment for the club, clearly after banging the drum that they could now keep their top players in the new period of flush pockets.

As a business, Alexis being the ‘asset’, you would be 100% sure that investing into him would be a proactive decision and whatever money it works out to be to keep him here, will be worth it on all fronts.

If we lose them due to financial reasons it will be an absolute disgrace, if we lose them because they want to potentially win league and CL titles then that is a different scenario.

They both joined us knowing exactly what the project was about, what the vision for the club was, what the salary would be and what players they were playing with.

The club is equipped to offer them an attractive package to convince them to stay. Winning trophies however is as much on them as it is ‘the club’.

The fact we got them in the first place speaks volumes.

For eg Alexis scores 30 goals this season and we still finish 10 points back from the Champions and we lose in the Rd16 CL, what more do you want him to do ? In regards to your its as much on them as its on the club to win trophies statement.

1 Like

What? The fact that Arsenal can’t put a proper team around them is their responsibilty? Not the mention the failings of the manager.

2 Likes

Why so pessimistic? Jesus.

We have a squad more than capable of winning the league. At some point responsibility for results must fall on their shoulders no?

Im just saying every chance that is what will happen this season.

1 Like

First of all I don’t think this squad is good enough to win the League. Second this is a teamsport. Managers are responsible for the team. In my opinion managers have more responsibility regarding successes or failures of a team. That doesn’t go just for Wenger, but in general.

1 Like