Alexis Sánchez

What if what they want, like RvP, is titles?

Then we say we’re going to do our best to win them by signing certain players. Obviously we won’t sign those players because we’re cheap cunts who have little intentions of genuine betterment but still… it might work.

2 Likes
3 Likes

They can always force a move down the line if they want to go elsewhere. A contract doesn’t really tie them to Arsenal for the long term, it just extends their time here at least into next year (potentially post-Wenger) and gives both sides some financial stability and predictability.

Signing a new contract makes a lot of sense for both players if offered enough money. A new 4-5 year deal is probably the last major contract for both players. There is a lot of risk in playing another year before signing a new deal: What if they blow out their ACL in April and suddenly face a year on the sidelines and returning to action as a nearly 30-year-old post-surgery that no major club wants to sign to a long-term contract, like Falcao? These guys have big incentives to lock in a new 4-5 year deal at top wages right now as long as the money is big enough.

Simply put, if we don’t sign them its the club’s fault. Pay them what they deserve.

If we don’t pay them what they want, someone else will.
It will mean he will have to be replaced by a player of the same quality, which isn’t going to happen and it will mean Ozil might think about not signing.

The advantage keeping them, even though it might be expensive, is that it’s cheaper than buying a replacement, it also means Ozil will probably stay and we will be able to attract other top players here.

But, most important, we will have the two best midfielders in the PL, and another club won’t.

All the reports are saying they want £200,000 plus a week, with some even claiming Sanchez wants what Pogba is being paid. I know we’re all saying pay him what he wants but realistically are we ever going to pay someone anywhere near £290,000 a week?!

Hoping it’s just media talk and all they really want is a packet of peanuts and for Arsene to tell them he loves them :sweat_smile:

We can afford to pay them, we need to break out the pocket book tbh.

2 Likes

Just pay him anything he wants. We have the money!

But the fact that we can afford it isn’t always the issue, it’s the “can’t break our wage structure” crap. And doesn’t Wenger have an issue with paying players more than he gets?

Yeh that 290k a week will line up nicely with his 300k rolling yearly contract.

1 Like

I’d imagine in keeping with the wage ‘structure’ (pfft) they will have a hefty signing fee that makes up for lower wages.

A whole lot more than the weekly salary goes into these contracts and the variables are vital in order for us to be successful.

Paying people anything they want isn’t sensible but then that’s why hugely experienced agents etc spend up to many months thrashing deals out.

It’s really not as clear cut as ‘boss I want 200k a week’ and someone saying yes.

1 Like

If you had asked me right after that dummy the other night.
I would have given my kidney to keep Sanchez.

Sadly i doubt my kidney is worth even one week wages.

1 Like

Our wage structure is a pile of bollocks anyway, proper banter era material. We spend a goddamn fortune on our wages as it is, largely because we give complete non-entities way too much.

Start giving our world class players world class wages and put this club in the right direction to be competitive ffs.

6 Likes

Agreed tbh. Let’s hope the club are prepared to do what needs to be done.

1 Like

Absolutely, but that’s how you attract young talent who you can buy cheap that won’t decrease in value and make them join you instead of other top clubs. That and the fact that they have a good chance of getting play time since their competition is, well, the same kind lol

It was the right choice at the time. We seem to have moved away from that a bit now though since we buy 25yo’s and pay them top of the structure salaries since we started spending again.

Sanchez is worth 250 k a week and Ozil 200 K a week IMO, if we don’t offer that then I think we can expect to lose them.

3 Likes

WC players deserve big wages. Get it done.

3 Likes

I would if I could!

Excellent when Sanchez leaves to join insert bigger club than us we can call him a money grabber and not because he’s leaving us because we don’t win anything worthwhile.

We’re so unlucky with that.

2 Likes

We could sell some mediocre players wasting wages, like what are Sanogo and Jenkinson still doing here. 250k a week for Alexis.

1 Like