Alexis Sánchez

I want no part of Mkhitaryan. Just take the money and buy Malcolm.

Wenger’s personal incentives are completely misaligned with the club’s long term interests. A player like Mkhi might help him ride off into the sunset with another top four trophy scraped (although I’m somewhat doubtful of that), but he won’t help the next manager or be a building block for the future.

Honestly, we should just admit that the current team has failed and try to build a team that can compete with the likes of City, United, and Chelsea in 2019 or 2020.

Alexis is kind of a dick but I don’t blame him. Wenger sold him a line of bullshit and then never did what it takes to compete for the big trophies, so he wants out. I would do the same in his shoes. And, unlike RVP, its pretty clear that he doesn’t want to go to United specifically - he would have gone to Bayern, PSG, City, or whoever as long as the money was good and he had a chance to compete for leagues and CLs.

2 Likes

That contract is ludicrous though. If he does indeed see it out, United will be paying a 34 year old Sanchez £400,000 a week!

1 Like

Who knows in 4 years time in the Football world that might not seem like a big deal lol.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/yousefteclab/status/953706209894379520

For half a million a week, it just shows how desperate Mourinho was to get him.
If he has his way we won’t be getting Mkhitayran either.

It will be interesting to see how Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku all get along in the same team.

2 Likes

Fucking hell.

Highest paid player in the league surely?

Ridiculous amounts of money there.

Looking forward to how United are going to square this with the watertight wage increase rules that prevented us doing any summer business :giroud3:

2 Likes

Mourinho has the beating of Wenger in almost every department from matches to transfer windows.

But as much as I criticise Wenger, he has the beating of Mourinho when it comes to class and style.

4 Likes

Compared to their revenue though it’s a drop in the ocean isn’t it?

Man fair play to Alexis though, if United paid me that money, I’d switch over and be one of their cunt fans too!

How long before Sanchez kisses their badge?
Probably about the same time it took Rooney, when he went from being an Everton fan to a Man U fan.
After he scored his first goal.

No chance in hell to keep him. I think he should be the 3rd highest player in the world now.

SELLOUT :henry2:

1 Like

@Electrifying, fat scottish money Tory cunt :hipster:

1 Like

We use the same money as England Luca :wink: only difference is our notes but it’s still pounds haha

1 Like

Americans don’t even flinch at that number. When you put it in per week terms it looks huge then when you push it out to year like we do in the states 14 million is pauper money in our big 3 professional leagues (football, basketball, baseball)

1 Like

The word “Pauper” is a bit exaggerated… :slight_smile:

14m euro/pounds… about USD 18m, already a lot.

Unless you are top top players like Clayton Kershaw (Baseball - 33m) or Eli Manning (American Football - 37m) or Stephen Curry (Basketball - 35m)… 18m a year is really above average, since Theo is never a top top football player.

That’s the wage Alexis is getting not Theo.

Although here in the states when we discuss player contracts we don’t factor on the taxes being taken out. So yes as you’ve stated Curry makes 35m but after taxes he’s probably more like 22m so a bit closer when you factor that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/953561118223482880

4 Likes

My fault…

so… $18m per year (after tax)… Sanchez is pretty close to the top earners in United States already…
Am I correct this time??

The only difference I can think of Sanchez and the North American sports athletes is the commercial value and earnings.
Not seeing Sanchez in a lot of ads, but top athletes do earn a lot in North America… Gatorade, Nike, Adidas, Gillete, insurance company, beer, cologne, apparel… etc.