Alexis Sánchez

Surprised he hasnt got a dog food ad yet.

Curry actually has a pretty bad contract right now. For the NBA Lebron makes 35 million, then it’s like James Harden, demar derozan, and al horrors making like 30 million per.

For the nfl I think Stafford makes like 50 million

Suprising twist.

1 Like

Consider the number of games NFL teams play per season, even you play till the final, 20 games.
Crazy money, easy money

1 Like

Headline is spot on! :rofl::rofl:

Lol, um, no. Your career can be ended on the next play, literally. Average NFL career is about 4 years. In addition, the majority of the NFL contracts are not guaranteed. While you can say Player X signed for 5 years for $100 million, it’s mostly agent BS. The only thing that matters in an NFL contract is the guaranteed portion and/or the signing bonus plus the first couple of years.

Lots contracts are “backloaded.” The player will likely never sign the final years of the contract as it will either be reworked for a new deal with more money for the player, or reworked to reduce that players’ hit to the salary cap. If not, the player can be traded (not as likely) or just cut.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/953915892215279616

Think it will happen today or tomorrow

It looks like Mourinho has got one over Wenger again.

They get a world class player, we get one of their fringe players in return, if we get him at all.

1 Like

Shows how far we have come in 5 and a half years :dizzy_face:

1 Like

To be honest the managers have very little say in these matters. Its all above their heads being negotiated by backroom staff. I dont think this is Jose getting one over at all.

2 Likes

There is a chance that Alexis beomes a Old Rooney type player for United. We know how shit Alexis can be when he isn’t scoring. Well as he gets older that may happen more often. He’s going to be on 500k a week so they won’t be able to shift him until the end of his contract when he’ll be 34.

He’ll probably age well given his fitness but it isn’t like he’s been consistently good anyway. He was crap in the second half of his first season, wasn’t as good as Mahrez when Leicester won the league, scored loads as a false 9 where he won’t play for United and has been average this season.

1 Like

Wishful thinking. He will be an immediate success.

6 Likes

I’m sure United will be happy with an inconsistent wide player that averages a goal every other game.

1 Like

Let’s look at some history of fringe players:

Sold be Mourinho: KDB, Salah, Mata, Lukaku

Bought by Wenger: Henry, Vieira, Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez

This is a player who only 18 months managed 13 goals and 20 assists.

Since 13/14 Ozil/Mkhitaryan’s numbers look like:

Ozil: Games Started 156 Assists: 53 Goals 35 Total 88 Average Goals and Assists Per Game: 0.56

Mkhitaryan: Games Started: 134 Assists 40 Goals 41 Total 81 Average Goals and Assists Per Game: 0.60

3 Likes

I think because Mourinho hates Wenger so much, that buying our best player, which strengthens them and weakens us, will give him an immense amount of pleasure.

I also think he will do everything in his power to make sure we don’t get Mkhitayran.

I don’t understand what your point is.

What has buying Henry more more than fifteen years ago got to do with us selling them a world class player and getting a fringe player in return.

It is a fact that Sanchez is world class and it is also a fact that Mkhitayran is a fringe player at Man U.

Please explain what you’re talking about.

Wow! I am really surprised to hear it :thinking:

1 Like

Your talking semantics, we’re getting Mkhitaryan who has already proved himself borderline world class, neglected by Mourinho and ‘fringe player’ at United or not. His numbers are as good Ozil’s numbers FFS

The point is all our best signings ever were fringe players shopped out by their respective teams.

5 Likes

Surely there’s no chance Sanchez goes to United and plays as selfishlessly and as stupidly direct as he has done for us this season. Sanchez wasn’t like this in his previous seasons for us.

I have no problem with Mkhitayran.
I think he is a good player but he is not a starting player for Man U and we are getting him but losing Sanchez, who was the best player in the PL last season.

The fact you’re going back to almost before the internet to give examples of “fringe players” being some of our best signings, probably proves my point.

I can probably list more than a hundred players that Wenger bought as fringe players that never made it here.