Alexis Sánchez

Yeah that’s what I thought too, but that’s clearly not happening this window at this point, and the only way we’ll be matching his ambitions or anyone’s is in Wenger’s head, hence why selling him would seem to make more sense.

I don’t think so, there’s too much smoke not to be fire and it seems like he’s trying to force a move out of Monaco and the Madrid media is certain it’s not to them (Zidane has ruled out more outfield signings publicly I think), it’s not to Barça, so that really leaves either PSG or City and I think it’s PSG.

Interesting. I figured that even for PSG, spending another 130+ million on top of the Neymar deal would be the stuff of FIFA manager, not real life. Much rather see him at PSG than Citeh.

Shouldn’t Arsenal be quite active behind the scenes seeing what quality talent at PSG is surplus to make room for the new signings?

1 Like

4th place is maybe worth the money we’ll get for him now if we get 50m or less.

But from a fan’s perspective who cares about the money unless we re-invest it? And if it’s 50m it won’t buy a top class player right now.

You won’t get several young players for 50m either, Lemar will cost 70m if you can even get him.

This is right.
We should be active behind the scenes, especially after watching us fall out of the top four and have one of the worst transfer windows ever.
But remember, Wenger is the least active manager of any top club.
He does the bare minimum, and no more, and that is exactly what he has done this transfer window, and no more.

2 Likes

I’m looking at the money towards reinvestment. Surely, there are some others besides Lemar that offer potential that don’t cost 70m.

To me, keeping Sanchez and not adding players is really dumb. So, we are prepared to let him walk for free–why not make something of this season? If not, get the 50m (if a true bid amount) and get some younger players. At least then, you can sell the fans on that you are building towards the future.

Arsenal has some really poor front office management to allow players like Ozil and Sanchez to be in these contract situations.

I felt this way prior to the season starting and yes, the concerns about player/contract management have only grown after two games highlighted some major issues in midfield/back line. And yes, we are much better w/Kos in there, but should we be this dreadful versus mid-table clubs like Leicester and Stoke?

1 Like

I’m not sure Sánchez is enough to get us into CL anyways, beating out both Liverpool and Tottenham will be difficult. Best chance is going to be win EL probably.

We should be looking to sell Sánchez for £70m to City, if the rumours are true, and picking up whoever we can from PSG (Draxler, Guedes, Lo Celso).

2 Likes

Selling Sanchez first without being extremely confident of securing e.g. Draxler fairly soon after would be a big gamble. If the gamble didn’t come off then you’d have an instant return to a protest status etc, as frustrating as that might be for AKBs

3 Likes

Just as big a gamble to turn down £50-70m, no?

Weve seen his body language in the past when things have gone badly. Im sure he will give it a go as his nature but if were 3 down at Liverpol next week and think hes not going to be effected more now, their kidding themselves.
Defeat next week pretty much means were not in the title race. We all know were not anyway but having it confirmed at somewhere like Anfield going to drain him imo.

2 Likes

Well I wanna see the guy play a game for us before the windows slams shut, before making an admittedly short term decision on whether I think he can be the difference maker for us in winning the 4PT this season. If Wenger has placated him and he contributes towards winning a trophy, its worth writing off any fee for him

1 Like

Mainly because how others would see us and Wenger unable imo to bring in or nurture a talent like him id tend to agree.
I do fear though that any setbacks during the season and the shit tabloid press will see this end unsavoury. Be glad to be wrong though.

I’m always amazed at the ease with which we dish out massive contracts for dross and yet when it comes to our best players we can’t get them to sign anything.

3 Likes

Nah.

And then we can’t get rid of them. We are paying the likes of Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Campbell not to play.

1 Like

It’s almost as if you’ve said this 10,000 times before.

How did Barcelona allow messi to get into the last year of his contract?

Don’t they know that only Wenger allows his star players to enter the final year of their contract.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/900725864035385345

“Ehi man! I am leaving!”

:wink:

Those are fake pics, I thought Alexis was unhappy and wanted to leave :frog::tea:

1 Like