Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Should find out tomorrow, he’ll have a scan today. His manager said the pain was in his quad.

2 Likes

Correct . I remember after a few months the owner said there was a release clause they just refused to sell the player

See, it is this mentality that is toxic; Giroud has offered us so much, but our real weakness, and fault, has been to expect something from him, when it isn’t the player he is; this is not so much about his technical ability overall, as I think, as a player who does what he does, he is excellent, but rather relieving pressure from certain match-ups and situations by having someone else on the pitch.

Giroud provides an avenue, or passage, of play that many teams would love to have, and France’s selection, coupled with Antoine Griezmann, proved that.

Both Arsenal, and Giroud, deserve an alternative option.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

I refuse to accept that he isn’t a good player for us who should be used appropriately.

You’ve gone from an optimist, and someone who could create constructive arguments, to a cynical pessimist; and this all seemed to happen within a week; what the fuck happened @AbouCuellar?

previously posted as ‘rednwhitearmy’

1 Like

Giroud is pretty much the definition of average. He’s a good back-up striker and it took him a while to get there, when for large parts of 12-13, 13-14 (and indeed even significant parts of 14-15, and 15-16) he was not even serviceable.

My stance on Giroud has remained pretty much the same throughout the 4 years I’ve posted on the forum, so I don’t think much has changed at all. I’m always willing to be optimistic when there’s something to be optimistic about.

3 Likes

Reality will set in for you, too. It’s inevitable.

Hasn’t hit me for over two decades; I’m flying in the world of blissful ignorance.

I’m really shocked that two decades is your timespan.

What does that mean?

You might get a great deal, but after you’ve walked home because your cars broken down.

Every other club identifies the weaknesses in their squad, and then buys the players they need before the season starts.

Wenger has weaknesses that have needed sorting for ages, as well as other weaknesses that have just happened, and does nothing about them, then complains that there were no players that met with his tight fisted valuation.

I wouldn’t mind, but it’s not as if he’s spending his own money.
He’s spending our money.

This sounds like bullshit. Arsene obviously doesn’t think the player meets the value Lyon have placed on him, so how does an injury impact Arsene’s valuation of the player? It could only decrease it.

This made me laugh.

Look at his value.

I’m hoping they adjusted it last week :facepalm:

If it’s true they want 40 million euros, we are hassling over 5 million euros for a football club who works with a revenue of 350 million euros. I guess we don’t want to have Lacazette that bad.

1 Like

They are selling and we are buying.
The rules of economics, which Wenger is an expert, say the seller dictates the price, not the buyer.

If Wenger decides not to pay the few extra million, which he has done several times before, meaning we have lost out on a few top quality players, then we will be going into yet another season without buying a top class striker.

Lyon know we are desperate, they know we can afford him and they have to get a replacement.

What does Wenger think they are going to do?
Give him to us.

If he had sorted this out at the start of the transfer window, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Haha, I understand that footballing market works differently but in general, Rules of economics suggest differently.

2 Likes

Agreed. The seller may set the price but the market dictates whether or not that price is acceptable or not. Like you say football works differently of course.

1 Like

The market works the same in football as in any other market.
The seller only sells when they want to, at what price they decide to accept.
Not the buyer, or what Wenger wants.

Its really not the same at all because in basically every other market the seller wants to/needs to sell otherwise they have no business so they’ll set the price at one that’s market friendly and if that’s the wrong price point then they’ll drop it.

Im not arguing that the way Wenger does business is anything other than fucking appaling but just that what you’ve said is in no way a fundamental rule of economics.

1 Like