Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Companies will fold if market is not catered to needs & means of the buyer.

What seller chooses to sell has heavy influence of what buyer needs.
When seller prices his products, he has to know whether buyers are capable of purchasing the product at the market price.

Football market is different because the product can only be purchased by one buyer.
If multiple clubs can purchase Pogba at same time right now, he wouldn’t cost anywhere above 20m.

If Lyon decided that Lacazette was worth 60m euros I would completely understand why Wenger would be hesitant to pay that. But by all accounts they value him at about 40m euros.

Given he was willing to spend £20m on 29 year old Vardy (pre-Brexit) which surely would have added to about £25-27m then I can’t see why he doesn’t value Lacazette in the mid £30m+ at least

In a market where Deeney is valued in excess of £30m, Ighalo was subject to a £37m bid, Hulk still commands record transfer fees and Graziano Pelle is one of the highest paid players in the games history I just can’t understand why Wenger doesn’t accept that he manages in the richest and most popular league in the world and that automatically means you pay a premium.

3 Likes

All this talk though, it’s Wenger, Wenger, Wenger.

Once Wenger has identified Lacazette and sanctioned a 35m euros bid, Wenger shouldn’t have any fucking say until he gets a call from Ivan saying “hey Arsene, we bought Lacazette”. Whether Ivan wants to stretch to 40 million should be at his discretion as the guy in charge. Wenger is hardly going to be in tears if he found out afterwards we’d paid an extra 5 million euros for him, and if Wenger is gone in either 1 or 3 years, they’ll have to do this shit without him soon anyway. I doubt Mourinho is the guy up late at night signing the paperwork to get the Pogba deal over the line.

If Wenger is cautious, don’t let him have the final say. Caution has lead us to a 200m surplus which is great and I can understand the difference between say 35m for De Bruyne and 55m being a big gap in valuation, but if it’s a case of 30m vs 34m for someone like this, why dither?

10 Likes

Indeed.

It also works against selling clubs in some instances where there is only one buyer. The buyer has more power to dictate the price as they are the seller’s only income stream.

Has happened to us with Henry and Fabregas. Barcelona knew the player(s) wanted to leave Arsenal and therefore the pressure to agree a fee was much higher. You either accept a lower price or you hold on to an unhappy player whose value is likely to decline.

2 Likes

I think a lot of us have this same question.

And we’ve not acted the same way with buying young players either. I don’t recall Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Chambers being cheap. We paid the extra millions and invested heavily in them but have all these reservations with established players.

The issue is not of few millions, rather the issue is with Wenger not being sure of the player unless there is no other choice.

Or atleast I hope so.

1 Like

I agree which makes this signing massively underwhelming as it’s essentially nothing more than a panic buy.

1 Like

After yesterday, when Sanchez confirmed to be a good option on attack, is still necessary to buy Lacazette and spend all the money for an useful player but not useful like we think? I would prefer to buy a CB and to wait an occasion during the last week of August.

Yes, let’s do that. Let’s judge Sanchez on his one performance in a new role, in a pre-season game. Let’s also persist with Holding as a CB since he has had a pretty decent outing in pre-season. Wait a minute, did we just solve our player crisis? Hello, the answer was staring at us right in the face all this while and we were looking else where. This is a masterstroke.

4 Likes

I’m not judging Sanchez about a performance against Fernando and Kolarov, but he played in this role with Barça sometimes, played in this role with Udinese, played in this role with Chile and during three or four times with us.

With other players around him capable to score (we still need a player on attack) has the qualities to be a striker like Suarez, Dybala, Sergio Aguero…

But you’re basing this all on a tweet…

If anything, Twitter has proven itself to be full of lies and bullshit; so why take it for gospel in any of these transfer stories?

Ya see, it’s like buying a car…:grinning:

Any news? I guess not :wenger2:

Your analogy sucks. Let it go.

3 Likes

If he’s “not that good”, why are they so desperate to hang onto him?

Oh for fucks sake, just sign him already

They aren’t, They want to butt rape us on his fee because they know how actually desperate we are for a striker.

1 Like

Wenger’s the type to cheapen out on the lube too.

1 Like