Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

As I mentioned, all I’ve seen are the highlights. So no, not an over reaction at all really.

Also do you mind quoting the entire post? Don’t get this trend on here lately of cherry picking a few words.

Not sure he indicated that it vindicated several seasons? You say he needs a good solid season. For what? For you to acknowledge a single good performance?

1 Like

Quoting the entire post wouldn’t have changed the fact you said “what a player” and it didn’t detract from your point at all.

What a player is one of the last things I’d utter when talking about Ox.

Doesn’t make it any less of a bad habit. It’s okay not to like Ox, but it’s not okay to not acknowledge how good he has been this season.

He has improved remarkably and as far as I understand is currently one of our better performers.

It wasn’t even a good performance anyway. Couldn’t consistently get involved in our attacking play. You could notice a massive difference to our play when Iwobi came on. We won and he got an assist so everyone’s happy, just like last week where he was AWFUL in the first half but finished with a goal and an assist against sorry ass West Ham.

He’ll be exposed again soon.

6 Likes

Yep bang average player. Honestly can’t believe people on here think he is good lol.

Iwobi should be playing ahead of him then when Welbeck is back hopefully he doesn’t even make the bench :grinning::grinning:

It’s perfectly fine to acknowledge he hasn’t been so good this season because he hasn’t lol.

How much of him have you watched his season to say something as outrageous as “what a player” and to talk up how good he’s been this season because only two games ago he was still the scorn of the forum and I still don’t think anybody who watches him would say his all round game has improved. Picking up the odd goal or assist has been nice because he needed that but he still isn’t good enough and still doesn’t looo good enough.

1 Like

There’s been an improvement recently for sure, but I think you’re exaggerating it a bit here.

His improvement deserves some credit and as he will play a big part in our season whether anyone likes it or not, he deserves the full support from the stands.

Yep,he’s had a slight upturn in form but nothing to get too excited about, he’s still not combining with the players around him and It’s looking unlikely he ever will be a player that does. Still Iwobi > Oxlade at the moment but at least Ox is finally being useful instead of just disruptive.

Should still be sold

1 Like

I could understand if SRCJJ took one tiny bit of your post completely out of context, but he could have quoted the whole of your post as nothing he left out justified or mitigated the “what a player” statement. Can’t see that he did anything wrong in focusing on that one specific part of your post.

In general quoting specific words of a sentence and no an entire post is bad. You do it too tbh so I’m not surprised you do see it as an issue.

Yeah but he didn’t take anything out of context so what’s your problem with how much of the post he quotes?

Aside from not liking that he disagrees with something you said of course.

6 Likes

As per usual you seem to be more interested in acting high and mighty than contibuting anything of value. :smile:

You don’t see the issue with cherry picking? Cool. Leave it at that.

He picked out the part he wanted to challenge, and ignored the rest which was irrelevant to his interests and the point he wanted to make. You can’t justify your annoyance because he didn’t take anything out of context, all you are offering is some weird point about people apparently being obliged to quote an entire post when all they want to do is address a certain point.

You are criticising me and him for apparently habitually “cherry picking” in our quotes, picking out what you view as our flaws, and yet I’m the one being high and mighty. Bit of self awareness might not go amiss, especially as high and mighty sums up your whole attitude to responding to others who aren’t as blindly loyal to Wenger as you are.

6 Likes

Yep, high and mighty.

Triggered.

3 Likes

Lol if you say so.

Don’t worry mate, I’m sure Kaner and Trion will be along to like your posts shortly.

1 Like

Don’t forget @BigWeng_4LYFE.

2 Likes

@Oliver come on mate jake is one of the soundest posters on here. Sure he’s a bit cheeky and that but there are far more people that fit your description and probably for the best you just leave it!