Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Jesus.

Hard to see an attacking player brought in in this case, unless Alexis or Özil leaves. :confused:

Back to the usual Ox. Not tracking back and being selfish.

Pretty sweet assist

1 Like

I thought he was pretty good. In addition to the assist, he made some nice switches of the ball, including one in the lead up to the first goal that helped unsettle the defense, and also made some good runs into the box to get on the end of crosses from Bellerin. I just want to see him using the ball more intelligently and showing better movement and I think he did that.

Amazing assist but I really think we suffer from having both him and Theo on the pitch at the same time.

3 Likes

If you like or not, Oxlade is improving his decision making and this season is showing how he can be important for this squad. Today, apart a fantastic assist, he worked very well.

1 Like

Absolutely lovely assist to Ozil. 6 goals, 6 assists across all competitions. You can say whatever about the opposition he’s gone up against to make those figures, but we’ve been crying out for him to contribute and add numbers to the team and at long last, he’s starting to do it for us.

As I said in MDC, maybe the presence of @GunnerGirl on here and her belief, is having some weird effect on Ox :ox:

3 Likes

How much are you gonna count goals and assists against Forest, Reading, and Ludogorets though, when they’re like 95% of his tally?

I can’t comment on his recent performances as I haven’t watched but I really hope Wenger doesn’t start him over Iwobi against City, Ox may be evolving into a player that has use in lower level matches but in a game at a high tactical level we’ll need a player who can offer something in the way of control and combination.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong mate, Iwobi’s definately got the higher ceiling right now and we need him more than Ox, but it’s hard to ignore some of stuff he’s done in last few games. Really has slowly but gradually been improving to a much more acceptable level in the past few weeks.

If we choose to be dimissive of how he earned his numbers, then you may as well take away half the overall goals tally Ozil banged against Ludogorets. End of the day, you can only do what’s put out in front of you.

I really hope this isn’t a flash in the pan run, but you get the feeling, like Walcott, being left out this Summer and the emergence of Iwobi might’ve finally kicked his ass into gear.

Amazing what competition for places finally does for some players.

3 Likes

I’m an Ox critic overall but this is definitely the best he has played in an Arsenal shirt and he has been doing it recently in league games as well. In his last six league games (four starts, two sub appearances, 337 minutes total) he has a goal and four assists, with a few of those actions decisive to outcomes such as the assist today and the assist to save a point against United.

In his last 559 minutes (in all comps), he has 4 goals and 5 assists.

I still don’t think he is good enough but we should give credit where credit is due.

4 Likes

Oh my god, enough.

Ox would be depressed if he read this thread

1 Like

Doubt it, Ox claims to re-watch every one of his performances, so either he’s a liar or not that sensitive, only way to explain him not having offed himself by now.

7 Likes

:joy:

Arsenal legend Ox. Keep it up.

:joy: At least Ox is performing now.

Just seen the highlights. What a player, that ball to Ozil was fucking ridiculously good.

He is in sunlime form, long may it continue. @AbouCuellar still not watching games? :smile:

His pass was spectacular. We’ve seen him weigh his passes horribly at times but he keeps trying, imagine this being the type of thing we can expect from him sometime in the future, that would be lovely. Same with his hard long shots if he can just get them on target lol

His performances have improved ever since he has stopped hugging the touchline and is more involved in and around the box. More central these days.

Massive over reaction to his performance. I’m happy he’s performing well but this by no means vindicated the last few seasons of frankly dire form. He needs a good solid season.

4 Likes