2016 Summer Olympics - Rio

Our men’s volley team look fucking strong. A possible gold medal here.

Pele isnt very popular in Brasil ,he is seen as a fool and an uncle Tom always trying to promote Brasil as the land of bikini’s bossa nova and endless samba partys which makes him rich . The reality of Heavan and Hell on earth sets him at odds with the have nots . He also makes stupid vidoes and records to promote himself .
He is also NOT seen as Brasils greatest player ,Garrincha is !

There should be. Then maybe i’d watch this sham.

He talks too much sometimes…
Anyway, wore the traditional #10 for Brazil, scored some fantastic goals and won 3 WC… it will be always him and Maradona.

Are you a fan of combat sports? I don’t think I’ve heard that gripe before from people that are.

Why is it that Americans are the only people in this world that can swim properly? I mean, I get why we’re great in most sports because we invented half of them but we didn’t invent swimming.

1 Like

As a militaristic and nationalist society, you rely heavily on sport for propaganda, so there’s a lot of money and effort going into it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Once again, god awful day. Just a bronze in men’s coxless four rowing, while France thrashed us in men’s foil.

You were thrashed by Frenchmen in men’s foil? Sounds like something @Persona would enjoy. :per:

4 Likes

Sweden win over USA (after penalties) in the ladies football quarter final. So very well deserved. Crap game from the ref. Sweden aught to have won it during extra time, she ruled offside when it was the USA player who passed the ball to the disallowed goal. The Hope Solo went primadonna and wanted to change gloves before the last penalty! And it was allowed… Yes I’m soooo biased it’s crazy I know! Going for gold!!!

Yes! A gold and a silver in women’s skeet!

A silver in the rowing and we won a fucking badminton match. Team Ireland are finally on the march!!

“Skeet”, “water polo”, “men’s foil”, “women’s skeet”, “women’s 3m synchronised diving”… I think I understand Italy’s masterplan now - you indentify the most niche of niche sports, the shit really only a handful people per country do, and then you try to win medals in those. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So done with Hope Solo! GTFO! New blood!

1 Like

You won a medal in shooting as well, you german fucker :ozil2:

1 Like

Hopefully more medals for GB tonight in the velodrome!

Lol, which sports did you invent?

1 Like

JB you’re on one today. I don’t expect you to fall for these weak troll attempts like this.

1 Like

The irony is pretty thick here unless I missed some German sarcasm. :campbell:

Haha apologies, it seemed like something an American might feasibly say.

I also thought you might be about to reel off a load of piddling sports I never would have considered, like javelin.

Though obviously not javelin because stratigraphic dating suggests that the javelin is over 400,000 old.

Obviously.

1 Like