2016 Summer Olympics - Rio

Another 4th spot, FFS!

Come on boys! Gold in the team pursuit, fantastic race for gold between us and the aussies, really good end!

Delighted for Wiggins :slight_smile:

That team pursuit was so intense! Got to be one of the the most exciting events in the Olympics. It’s that second where the camera cuts to the split view and you have to wait to see whose ahead.

Well, of course we could win swim events or dominate track & field, but we rather want to promote less known sports. Totally different approach from the cheap medal grabbing that Italy does.:ozil2:

Mo Farah in the 10 000 one thirty in the morning. Cant wait for this.

I think that China is the original cheap medal grabbers.

Teasing aside, it has been a pretty good olympics. Hoping that the track and field events are good.

Pretty sure the USA runners will go 1-2 in this event and set new WR’s.

the more i see these olympics the more i see it as an elitist competition for the rich whilst poor people suffer yards from the action too poor to care abt someone running jumping or swimming . for them getting 1 good meal having a roof over their head and not getting shot is a gold medal .

1 Like

Why do the British countries get to compete as one in the Olympics? Even with that advantage they still don’t sniff the US in athletic prowess but it looks a bit of a pathetic attempt to try and attain more silverware. The US is just us we do it on our own.

[quote=“morrisc311, post:211, topic:449”]
Why do the British countries get to compete as one in the Olympics? Even with that advantage they still don’t sniff the US in athletic prowess but it looks a bit of a pathetic attempt to try and attain more silverware. The US is just us we do it on our own.
[/quote]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a4/a4cac165a5f11f9d778fcb5d00316fd476d5efdbde3beff3c8bf4260f1fa6c66.jpg

4 Likes

I wish we were separate instead of this Team GB shit

Did anyone watch the Men’s Skeet shooting event? One of the competitors, Abdullah Rashidi, who isn’t representing any country as Kuwait are currently banned, wore an Arsenal shirt during competition and won a bronze :ramsey:

4 Likes

Is that his training partner back there in the Green Bay packers nfl t shirt??? I wonder if this guy is akb or wob? Someone get him on a podcast.

Gold, silver and bronze for Great Britain and her former colonies in the women’s pursuit. The states and Canada could still learn a thing or two from us about going round in circles on a bike really fast though.

1 Like

All dopers. They probably have the motors in their bottom brackets as well. The US does it clean in cycling. The right way.

Guess who won another medal in skeet, a gold one :santi2:. @CunningLinguist, it’s for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :wenger:

1 Like

Keep it, mate. You were probably the only one watching and deserve a little compensation. :wilshere:

4 Likes

16 medals for us, 15 for you. German unter alles! :ozil2:
Who gives a fuck! A medal is always a medal, you kraut! :coq:

1 Like

[quote=“CunningLinguist, post:219, topic:449”]
Keep it, mate. You were probably the only one watching.
[/quote]I watched it :wenger: Was a close one!

1 Like