Yves Bissouma

I really don’t understand what is going on with AFCON. They made the decision to hold all future tournaments in the summer but then moved this one in Cameroon back to winter due to weather concerns but claim that the next one will stay in the summer despite it being in Ivory Coast which is the exact same latitude as Cameroon.

1 Like

It might be to do with the World Cup being played around the same time in Qatar.

1 Like

Cross that bridge when we get to it.

Can’t plan our transfer strategy around a tournament that will be changing when it’s held.

This is the only thing that gives me pause for thought about selling Willock rather than bringing him back into the squad for next season, because he solves that problem for us despite maybe causing some other ones. We have something like 50 appearances from him now for us where he hasn’t shown that he really fits but at the same time we’re so thin in midfield and missing what he offers in particular.

2 Likes

Is it 100% in the winter again? Is it for one season? This could be problematic, I’d be sad if we still had el neny, and hadn’t Brought forward an academy midfielder.

Could that be auba pepe partey bissouma elneny? Sheeeeesh

1 Like

Imagine if we sign Tapsoba, Mazraoui and Bissouma. :rofl:

Add to that Onana who could get his suspension shortened.

Gonna be lining up with Chambers, Holdini, Azeez and Ryan. Nice.

1 Like

“Touch your hair if Bissouma coming” :joy::rofl: people are really reaching now.

Liverpool bound

LIVERPOOL BID FOR BRIGHTON’S BISSOUMA

Liverpool have made an opening move for Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma, according to the Daily Express .

Brighton want around £40 million for the Mali midfielder, but are under less pressure to sell during this transfer window after already unloading defender Ben White to Arsenal for £50 million.

Klopp though faces competition for Bissouma, 24, from Manchester United and Arsenal, who have also been tracking the powerful 24 year old.

Bissouma has become a key part of Albion manager Graham Potter’s team since arriving on a five year contract from Lille in 2018 in a £15m deal.

This one hurts. Bussouma near enough begged us to join, so we approached his club and bid more than his likely fee for a centre back. We then went on to renew Xhaka and lose 2 games whilst Bissouma opens the season like a prime Vieira.

Missed opportunity.

5 Likes

Suits pool and utd more than us. Our team is stacked full of defensive minded midfielders. They score goals we don’t.

2 Likes

It’s a shame that Xhaka and Elneny are shit though. But if we can’t shift them then I guess your point stands about not being able add another defensive minded player. But it’s not like we really have any good defensive midfielders.

2 Likes

I think this is what gets overlooked a lot, we don’t really have any solid DMs, not sure if Partey can even be fully considered a DM. The rest Xhaka and Elneny are just garabge.

Where as Bissouma honestly is a very solid DM, He’s always in the right place at the right time, not afraid of putting in the work and has the physical traits to actually do it. I think he will do well at pool.

1 Like

Haven’t seen much, but what I’ve seen I’ve been very impressed. Good signing for them.

1 Like

We haven’t shifted any, partey is excellent at controlling the park if used correctly ( unless his abilities have waned due to injuries) partey paired with a box to box or a more forward midfield would be perfect.

Partey and bissouma is just excessive.

This dude is a tier one source apparently :joy:

1 Like

I see Partey as being quite box to box, I think his dynamism would be wasted playing as the predominant holding midfielder. I think a player with a similar mix of dynamism and defensive nous could work quite well as a pairing, but I don’t think I’d want to sign someone who consigned Partey to more of a pure DM role.

But yeah, I do accept that this is what it comes down to in the end.

1 Like

Called it. Great move for both parties.

1 Like

Yeah, I get why people would want this as it would make the midfield hard to break.

My issue is with how the squads are.

Liverpool have firminio salah mane jota, all consistent with goal output.

Utd have Greenwood rashford cavani Bruno who again are all consistent

Let’s say Auba isn’t as good as he used to be but better than last season, we have at a push 1 consistent goal scorer. Then making it so we have 2 defensive minded players as a midfield base just keeps us how we have been. I personally would just like Partey partnered with another player who can attack more, but also graft.

Pool have started elliot ox Henderson etc this season and bissouma would compliment all of them. Just dont see it with our options.

I’ve put this point across horrendously I know. I’ll edit it when I’m at home haha

1 Like

Partey, Bissouma, Odegaard would have been the best midfield we’ve had in about 5 or 6 years.

Though strictly from Bissouma’s point of view, he’ll transition easily into Klopp’s system and he’s a perfect replacement for Wijnaldum, even more-so if he adds a few goals to his game. £40 million is indeed a lot but for a team like Liverpool that thrive on these types of signings it’s money well spent.

1 Like

Erm, the bid was debunked @Castiel. :sweat_smile: