Youri Tielemans

Both dearly departed now :pensive:

1 Like

Yes, though I don’t think Frank had any intention of a gentle, reclusive, long retirement.

1 Like

Comp v Brentford dropped. Can’t wait to see him next week at the carpet. Hopefully he gets rinsed as per.

Let’s go

1 Like

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Next thing you know we’ll “weigh up” making a bid.

2 Likes

Lets go what? My dead nan could have written that tweet and it would be more trustworthy.

1 Like

I doubt we move in for him before the game against Leicester.

“Progressed massively” in that it’s now reached 100 days since he first tweeted the same scoop.

1 Like

He’s probably started following Martinelli on Tiktok

1 Like

Hmm. Complete opposite of the above post.

5 Likes

Football London retired after Wheatley left.
Speaking of which, he took a job at Forest after the Partey debacle.

Getting him on a free would be awesome

You want us to stick with Xhaka, Partey, Odegaard, Vieira, Elneny and Lokonga for this season?

1 Like

The whole “wait a year until they’re free” thing always bugs me. I don’t know if most clubs actually do it in practice outside of huge deals (e.g. Pogba back to Juve), but it seems strange to know you’ll need a senior midfielder in 12 months but not now.

2 Likes

It’s probably best to wait to buy him because we’ll get him for nothing at the end of the season and Xhaka is perfectly fine. :grinning:

Also, all the other clubs that are interested will just let us have a free run at him because they’re good like that.

3 Likes

We should definitely add someone but even reading that list is so much better than what we had few years ago.

Add ESR as backup to Odegaard & Vieira and it seems even better

I have no issue with Odegaard, Vieira and ESR.
I have big issues with Partey, Lokonga, Elneny and Xhaka.

3 Likes

Feel we are in strong position for top 4 - not quite ready for top 2, so maybe this one is wise to wait out… if at the end we are a few points short of 4th and Xhaka has cost us any of those, wow it will be harsh, brutal mistake.

Now is the time, and this season is the make or break. Top 4 is a must.
It is plain stupidity if we play the “wait” game again.
32m. Not cheap but not a figure that we cannot afford and not an absurd amount we are talking about.

If we just wait for “free”, probably we end us losing more than these 32m.

2 Likes

We are definitely contenders for Top 4 as is but you would want the club to push on now while Man Utd and Chelsea are trying to find their feet. You open the gap while you can and get ahead of others.
I don’t think the excuse that was used in January can be used now. The pool of players is much more massive and we do have the money as proven in our chase for Raphinha.

I think we will sign more players but if we don’t we missed a big opportunity here and it could backfire massively during the season.

2 Likes