You know what really grinds my gears?

Nothing worse than the sound of people chewing their food or breathing loudly. It triggers me to no end.

2 Likes

My girlfriend chews so loudly I think I might murder her with the kitchen knife someday.

:eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t even chew with my mouth open but I still have to eat in a separate room to the other half because of his sensitivities. We basically can’t go the cinema anymore for the same reason.

2 Likes

One of my friends is like this with me. But she says it’s a case of Misophonia. Basically I can’t go to lunch or dinner with her if it involves soup or ramen. Slurps drive her mental

Yeah it is a horrible thing to have, i have it to a degree but chewing isnt my trigger, banging around even if it is really low sounds i am extremely sensitive to them and screaming fucking kids trigger me so bad.

The screaming kids are the worst, because it really goes through me and i feel myself almost clawing at my throat it drives me mad, but imagine going to a complete stranger GET YOUR KIDS TO FUCKING SHUT UP OR ILL MURDER YOU’ yeah wont go down well so i have to edge away its the worst though at a restaurant you are fucked in that situation.

3 Likes

Doesn’t sound nice at all!

Its fucking hellish i tell ya, i wear ear buds around my flat for the same reason the slightest bang or clomping around above my head fills me with a dread/rage feeling it is hard to describe…fucking horrible, but i have to deal with it until i can get out of this shithole (if that ever happens)

Sometimes it may appear that said person is not happy with you or doesnt like you or maybe is anti social it really isnt you though it is just really hard to live with and exhausting, sometimes it takes all of your strength to be around triggers.

1 Like

Slurps is the most authentic way you can pay homage to the dish though? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Do that around a person with Misophonia prepare to be murdered. At the very least expect a freak out.

5 Likes

I have the exact same issue when some people eat. Or worse, they bite their fingernails. There are friends and relatives I honestly avoid eating with!

1 Like

Oblivious cunts who sit on the bus in two outside seats and then lean across the aisle talking to each other and tut at you when you try to get by them.

4 Likes

This generation of influencers" and Instagram twats that make it nigh on impossible to go anywhere or get close to any place of interest without turning it into a fucking vogue photoshoot.

Literally, piss right fucking off. Self righteous cunts.

15 Likes

Looking forward to future posts on this thread from @JakeyBoy once this gets rolled out.

9 Likes

Good achievement that considering how old the underground network is.

People always complained that we were behind Moscow, Melbourne, NYC etc in that aspect but it’s much easier in a tunnel system where the tunnels are wider and straighter.

I don’t even use the Underground anymore mate, the trains I use to get to work are above ground at all times. So no need to wait in anticipation for six years, you’ll be pleased to hear haha

Please don’t let that stop you from ranting over how bad it is though. I speak on behalf of the @OA community here :nerd_face:

Whole I’m here… I’m on a train now and just had to listen to someone sat quite nearby loudly having a conversation on the phone for 45 minutes. I really dislike this. If you’re gonna have a phone conversation, most importantly keep it quiet, and also keep it short as possible.

It’s a quiet train, perfect for the last leg of my journey on a Sunday afternoon when I’ve spent all day travelling, please stop ruining that with your big fat gob and the asinine words spilling out of it.

2 Likes

Or those fucks that have it on loudspeaker and angle the phone at their fucking chops add to that to knobs that face time instead of calling, my barber did it last week mid chop and I was like wtf?? Probs won’t go back there as he’s been pissing me off for a while.

Not that i disagree with anything you’re saying here because fuck those cunts that do that… but how come you don’t have some noise cancelling headphones or something to cut some of this shit out at least? :slight_smile:

I have some in ear headphones that would do the job if I had a podcast or tunes on, but I was trying to read my book so music would have ruined my immersion. Perhaps I should have given up and listened to music but I really wanted to just read haha

3 Likes