You know what really grinds my gears?

Other people’s hair grosses me out, am I the only one who finds it really objectionable when someone else’s hair touches you?

Been on this train for a while already when a woman gets on after me and stands near me. It’s a busy train, so fair enough, I’m no fucking Alexa thinking I have a divine right to personal space. But I’m holding the pole with my left arm and she’s stood so close that her long hair keeps tickling my arm. So I switch to my right arm, as this is further from her body and won’t come into contact with her.

But me conceding ground, like a cowardly army commander, has apparently only emboldened her, and as a result she advances and occupies the surrendered territory. Within five minutes I’m finding her hair draped over my right arm instead, and I have to hold onto an overhead railing instead. In my reshuffling my arm briefly nudges her arm and she has the fucking cheek go look at me like I’m the one invading her personal space.

Length of the hair is the problem here, so it’s basically only women who fucking do this. Are women really not aware of whether or not their hair is all over someone?! I genuinely find a stranger’s hair touching me to be quite repulsive, it strikes me as really inconsiderate to have a part/extension of your body all over someone else.

I should just rename this thread “things that piss me off when using public transport”. I’m such a whingy little cunt.

5 Likes

Just got the cyclist on the pavement to come now then.

Next time take out a pair of scissors and clip off the lock of hair that is touching you. When she inevitably gives you the exasperated look of angry disbelief, tell her it’s for a science project and ask her for her home address to mail her any dividends.

That should make her back off.

3 Likes

at least you admit it :slight_smile:

Work. Work fucking grinds my gears and everyone thinking that their work is the end all and be all of human civilisation.

You get paid half a mil a year to manage client expectations, fucking get on with it.

I get paid less than a 10th of that but I’m working just as long hours under just as much albeit a different pressure and you’ll excuse me if I don’t have much sympathy for your plight while you cry into your bags of money.

I’ve been in my team 4 months and due to holiday and resignations etc. I’m the second most senior in my role but I’m not nearly trained up enough yet to be taking on this type of work load efficiently and productively.

Summer can’t come quick enough.

4 Likes

Thats what pisses me off with footballers. Getting paid 100k a week and you get ‘im not feeling this’ or the ronaldo special ‘im a modern day football slave’ give me a fucking break do you know what most people would do to get 100k a week i reckon 99% of the population would sewer dive for that!

3 Likes

Customers on their phone when you’re serving them at the till, it’s just so rude and annoying because they aren’t giving you anything back and pretty much ignore you, I had this lady yesterday who was on her phone and I asked if she wanted a bag and she didn’t answer, so I carried on scanning and just left here stuff on the side and then she asked for a bag so I left it on top of her shopping, I then told her how much it came to and asked if she wanted to pay cash or card and she was straight up ignoring me and carried on talking on her phone for about another minute and then finally paid on her card without saying anything, so then as soon as the shopping had been paid for I just called the next customer over and left her bag on top of the shopping, she finally did something and packed it but it was a shame that the next customer only wanted a pack of cigs so he didn’t need any of her room, would have served her right if he had a full basket of shopping

she was just so rude, we really need a rule where you can’t talk on your phone whilst at the till, I like the customers that stop the conversation when they reach the till, way better

10 Likes

That’s just fucking ignorant.

Here’s what’s pissing me off. After getting five Prem games every Saturday, two on a Sunday plus all midweek games on our regular sports channels for the past god knows how many years, along comes this DAZN outfit and gobbles up all the TV licensing.

So, no football for me for the foreseeable future. It feels like my eyes have been gouged out. Fucking $$$$$$$$$$$.

2 Likes

@JakeyBoy we need an update on the doorbell guy, guess nothing else has happened?

1 Like

He has turned to jakey for sex and he politely refused :henry2:

I think I’m going to wait until I hear the real story from Jakey :slight_smile:

For older people it’s massively painful. So it’s probably an apt name.

2 Likes

Was her name Britney by any chance?

7 Likes

Odds are that if you’re going to be on a train, then you will have a woman stand next to you at some point. Don’t know what the solution is for you, Jakey.

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure why you think having someone’s hair draped over you is something that you’d expect just because you’re using a train lol. I use trains twice a day and it isn’t something that usually happens.

1 Like

Oh, it’s the hair thing again. They way you worded your latest post it seemed the proximity of a woman was a problem.

I don’t think that’s true really, think I was very clear about the hair being the problem, I say it repeatedly throughout the post haha

1 Like

I don’t think he read the post. He only read the exert that Ocke quoted.

2 Likes

I’m grinding my own gears, on a ps4 game called Horizon Chase Turbo, I have one race left in the career mode to get the super trophy on (you have to get all the blue tokens and win the race at the same time) and I keep on making the same stupid mistakes everytime, either I finish 1st and miss one token or finish 2nd and get all the tokens, actually doing my own head in, I’m going to go and get a drink and try again

3 Likes