You know what really grinds my gears?

Feet. Just f’ckin feet in general.

And toes. Don’t get me started

100%

My girlfriend and I recently had a big row over the fact that she feels like I’ve become more rude, impolite and belligerent in public than I’ve ever been before to the point she feels like I’m almost a different person.

And I agree with her! The last year living in London I feel like I’ve become a lot more bitter, cynical and antisocial and in large part I put that down to how many fucking arseholes there are here, how much noise pollution, pollution in general, how expensive everything is, the tube etc.

I also put it down to working for a large investment bank with 10-13 hour work days where everyone is just always on top of you and all your coworkers are just as miserable.

London + Finance = a nightmare unless you’re a very specific type of person

Good thing I’ve got a new job lined up so I can start being happy again. Mentally and physically this last year has been one of the worst of my life and I miss the southwest so much haha

Sorry I needed to get that rant off my chest :joy:

16 Likes

Lack of oil and not using the clutch ?

Where in the south west are you from? :slight_smile:

Lived in Cornwall for 4 years and then Bristol/Bath for 2.5 years.

Loved it!

City life is hell. I can’t deal with public transport full stop never mind using the fucking tube like subterraneum mole people every day. I don’t know how you guys do it.

Belfast is a pretty small city by London’s standards but I’ve done everything I can to stay away from it. Once I have the money I’ll be moving out to the coast as I see it as a far easier way of life.

1 Like

Ah okay, I work in Exeter but study in Bath.
I couldn’t live in a big city!

I don’t think London has always been a rude and nasty place - not to my own recollection, anyway. It was always a bit ‘impersonal’ in some ways. Most big cities seem to be like that, though.

My mum and dad came to London in the depression years of the 1930’s (hey, we had a team then:)) from an even more depressed area of the country, South Wales. Even after living in London for twenty years, they didn’t even know their next door neighbour. A very different societal change for them.

The current just plain rude/aggressive character seems to have come about in the last 40 years, and seems to be accelerating. Seems to be society in general. There’s no doubt volumes on the root causes of this, more than could be delved into on here.

6 Likes

When you have morning wood and you need to strain the greens.

People who bring suitcases as carry-ons onto flights instead of checking them into baggage.

Got on a flight today and couldn’t even store my small backpack anywhere because all of these cunts had taken up all of the storage compartments with their maximum size suitcases. We literally couldn’t take off for an extra half hour because the flight attendants had to work miracles to fit everything in safely.

I can’t imagine being that much of a cunt. Fuck them.

2 Likes

Yessss I’m happy for you bro. Go live your best life, you’ve done what you needed to do in London yes?

Twats who decide to have a domestic over the phone on the bus. Mate, it’s a quarter past seven, I know your fella doesn’t need this earache so early, and the rest of the top deck certainly doesn’t either.

Please just shut the fuck up.

Moving to the Essex coast this weekend (@Castiel’s dream aside from the Essex part I suspect), while I’ll still be commuting in to The City, it’ll be a single hour long train all the way. No more DLR, Underground or London Buses :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

I’m gonna miss you mate

1 Like

We need to resurrect the OA WhatsApp group and make the group meet up happen over this summer, it’ll be like I never left. We all work so close to each other, there’s no excuses really.

@Midfield_Maestro @Sol @Cristo

6 Likes

Agreed! It’s sunny after work now so it’ll be easier to justify going for drinks haha

1 Like

I’m on holiday early July until 9, so I’m basically good for anytime after I’m back from Dubai.

Hopefully the July weather will be significantly better than the June weather has been.

Let’s make it happen boys.

4 Likes

Would that be sunny Southend?

1 Like

Best of luck with the move! Whatever you do, never become one of us :grin:

1 Like

Pretty much @InvincibleDB10

@will24 are you an Essex boy?

1 Like

Are you going to be starring on Towie now?

2 Likes