Yaya Sanogo

The one against Wimbledon was crucial. We don’t win that and we wouldn’t have rocked into Old Trafford with the same self belief a few days later.

2 Likes

It’s weird because that original game at Wimbledon was horrendous and we looked awful.
Manninger was brilliant that night we won though.

1 Like

Sanogo was definitely the type of punt you take on a youngster when you already have Giroud, who Wenger saw as first choice, Podolski and Walcott who could play there etc

Some you win, a lot you don’t.

1 Like

Especially with them 4. You don’t win much.

3 Likes

Well no, in hindsight, maybe not Podolski and Walcott. Giroud trophy haul not to be sniffed at.

We used to win a lot more matches with those guys than we do now tho lmaooo

3 Likes

True that

Still. Aubameyang > Giroud. Saka > Walcott. Both by a fucking mile too.

1 Like

Both Poldi and Giroud only cost about 12 mil each, just peanuts.
Ole scored 100 goals for the club and it was a high reward (in certain ways).
Even Poldi had decent scoring numbers in limited playing time and his fee was justified.
Unlike some…

1 Like

Too early to tell on Saka over Theo. If Saka has a combined 30+ goals and assists season for us I’d consider that a massive success. Ppl so easily seem to forget Theo was dominating CL quarterfinals matches as an 18 yo kid at one point, and then had the numbers to back it up as well. But I wouldn’t really consider Theo and Saka as a like for like comparison. Theo’s game was a lot more like Auba than Saka.

5 Likes

You really, truly believe this? The decision making, the technic/close control, the passing, he has the same pace, but is so much more versatile, literally everything about Saka is better whilst he’s not even fully developed yet. I compared them because they are both (destined to be) right wingers.

2 Likes

Over a 100 odd goals us and assists. People might call him Frustrating player. Nevertheless Walcott wasn’t a failed player by any means. Big goals in games, some top performances. Injuries hit him too. Would rather have Walcott then fucking Willian and Pepe

8 Likes

Absolutely

5 Likes

I’d have Podolski back at the blink of an eyelid
True legend, left foot shot like a stabbed rat

1 Like

Too old, too slow

1 Like

So am I

3 Likes
1 Like

What the fuck, Yaya Sanogo is 28?!?

He’s older than Thomas Partey and the same age as Christian Eriksen and Jack Wilshere :astonished:

Too tall to be terrier. Must be terrier crossed with a Great Dane

Seeing Alexis on the bench takes me back to how exciting that summer was after we’d just clinched his signing.

1 Like