Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (and a load of other irrelevant shite)

He literally looks like the kind of guy that would put Rohypnol into your drink even though you’ve already told him your going to go home with him.

8 Likes
5 Likes

It would be great to establish links in China. It’s about the only plausible way I can see for us to bin Mustafi.

12 Likes

As is being reported in several places, Carrasco is re-emerging as an 11th hour alternative to Perisic for #afc. Suarez due in London today for a medical and to finalise terms on loan deal from Barcelona. https://t.co/d7DQU3dmMA

— James Olley (@JamesOlley) 30 januari 2019
2 Likes

So how would people feel about a January window that included bringing in Suarez & Carrasco? Certainly fit the age profile that some people have been asking for - but are they sufficient?

Carrasco and Suarez would be fine overall.

I havent really watched him a lot to be honest and his numbers are not so eye cacthing, anyone here care to explain his qualities and maybe compare him to a similar player

Options at least and maybe some sense of better balance on attack thats badly missing. Simply cant put blind faith in the summer transfer alone.
Dont know how or why we are not buying a defender though. Anyway options that hopefully workout because the ugliness of some of the football played either side of christmas just cant be tolerated much longer.

1 Like

I’m not sure our chances of getting top four have been increased exponentially by the arrival of Suarez and possibly Carrasco. But we have some more depth, we should be able rotate a bit more and less pressure on Aubameyang and Lacazatte to do everything which should help in the hunt for the Europa League.

3 Likes

Now obviously I don’t watch Atleti on the regular and didn’t when he was there, but when I did see him play on occasion he often impressed me. I’d have to assume he showed this in flashes and not consistently, but I’m definitely OK with taking punts on players like that in the hope we could get that out of them more consistently.

I expect to opportunistically sign an Auba every few years, but the reality of our standing is that we will sometimes need to take punts on players who for one reason or another might not have quite cut it at other top clubs, but seem to have something in their locker that we could possibly bring out.

Having basically never seen Suarez play, it’s harder to comment there, but perhaps he also fits this profile?

So with that in mind, I’d tentatively say I’d be quite pleased if we bring these two in. Particularly if Emery feels they are “his kind of player”.

Assessing the window overall, it obviously would have been good to get a defender in, but I suspect we were unable to get someone who would improve us, given that Emery did highlight it as being a need earlier in the window.

If the right quality isn’t available, I’d rather we kept our powder dry and muddled through til the end of the season, and approached the summer window with real intent and forethought. What I really didn’t want to see this January is panic buys that cost significant money when they weren’t of sufficient quality. We need to be planning our acquisitions carefully if we want to catch up to teams ahead of us, so I didn’t want to see the slapdash approach to transfers we’ve previously seen.

2 Likes

Deffo good short term options and may help us in the Europa.

Nobody realistic was going to help us for top4 right now anyways.

The fact that we didn’t commit to big money for anyone this Jan (compared to last year) is a big positive imo.

I’m pretty happy

5 Likes

It’s good business particularly as they have something to offer and can contribute to the Europa campaign, most importantly we aren’t signing them on the long term initially.

This is exactly how Welbeck’s transfer should have been handled but we were strong armed into signing him permanently.

It’s good to see us use this kind of nous in the market, long overdue.

4 Likes

We’ve not witnessed us being so aggressive pursuing loan transfers in a time when we’re in need of them. I think if this is the mark of Sanllehi and his plan for the future of the club, then I think it’s a good early sign to see that at least someone up there has an idea of what they’re doing.

It gives me confidence that the build up to the summer, we have a plan in place, targets to acquire, getting rid of more flimsy players. In the past, we have always seemed to be reactionary or trigger happy because we’re forced to buy someone to plug the hole so to speak.

If we can’t pursue adequate defensive back up now then the next thing is to temporarily sort out our attacking department and largely our wing options which, if we can add Carrasco as well as Suarez, I think we’re strengthening at least in a key area. And with zero deficit!

2 Likes

Pleased. Signing Suárez and Carrasco will improve our squad and they seem to be two decent players aswell. Looking forward to hopefully see them in the red and white of Arsenal.

1 Like

So basically “please, please come in for him, we’re desperate AF”

Completely agree. Again, it’s his agent.

Desperate plea

We need a winger.

Carrasco is a winger.

I’m happy if we get him.

3 Likes

More like “we’ve given in to the point where we just want some symbolic bloody transfer money to save face and we’re all good but Arsenal are being such tight cunts they won’t even give us that at the moment”

Inter Milan have pulled out of the race for Yannick Ferreira Carrasco; Arsenal made a formal offer yesterday, but negotiations are difficult owing in part to a language barrier with Dalian Yifang President Shi Xueqing, according to RMC https://t.co/5RgKTaBT30

— Get French Football News (@GFFN) 30 januari 2019