Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (and a load of other irrelevant shite)

When Sven had identified him he was not worth as much, maybe 20 - 25m. Only recently has the asking price inexplicably risen. You can’t take these reports seriously, in March the number being bandied about was 20m, now it’s 44m? So lulululz I figure we could get him for 25m, but Leicester and Wolves are sniffing around as well.

Stop doing this. Or versions of it. It’s fucking moronic and just adds to your perception as a troll.

PM me your new desired username btw. I’ve grown tired of my own joke.

7 Likes

My god, a billion posts and not one single “update” amongst it all.

I’m after baseless speculation in the form of tweets here people. Step up

10 Likes

You’ve been here for enough summers to know how it be :poldi:

2 Likes

With the technic of a donkey.

Sarr isn’t an astute signing by any stretch of the imagination. He would be a poor signing.

I’d honestly rather just go for that kid that Guendo is bff’s with than pay what ever over inflated price Sarr would cost.

4 Likes

Nah uh

5 Likes

After watching a Carrasco highlight I hope we don’t sign him. His final ball looks really shit in his highlights and he looks to dribble into dead ends. If we get him instead of Fraser it’ll be yet another shitty decision by this club

1 Like

Can’t say I’m all in on signing Carrasco but you put way too much stock in video highlights :joy:

1 Like

If he’s crap in videohights how shit is he going to be over 90 minutes? You can’t tell if a player is good from highlights alone but you can pick up that he’s not very good.

From what I’ve read, quite a few people who have watched him play do rate him. Not just based on a highlights reel.

I think we can all agree that he is an gamble. He wasn’t undisputed at Atletico and spend 1,5 years in China. But for the manager Unai Emery is I’ve got more faith in him working with players who got experience over working with an extremely raw talent like Sarr.

1 Like

WE ARE STILL LOAN FC

I would have preferred Fraser but maybe we might get both.
Surely a player who has PL experience and that has proved himself at this level, in a team nearer relegation than top four, would be less of a risk than a player who has spent a whole season in China.

I don’t know much about the Chinese league but I doubt if it is much above Championship standard.
So I find it strange that a professional footballer at his peak, would leave a top club like Atletico, in a top league, to play at a much lower level in China.

For a few million more we could get a proven player rather than taking a punt on Carrasco.

Carrasco is a significantly more proven talent and I’m not really she’s thats up for debate. He’s a CL, top end of La Liga player with international caps for one of the leading European nations.

4 Likes

Ahhh. The Premier League proven myth. Whilst foreigners (without former PL experience) have absolutely dominated this League.

6 Likes

Yep. I’ve been over this a thousand times lol

3 Likes

If a player has dominated another league then yes, I would agree, but coming from the Chinese league shows a lack of ambition and playing at a level way below the PL.
Fraser has proved himself at the level he would be playing with us.
All Carrasco has proved is that he is either a mercenary player or he lacks of ambition.

For every player that has come from a lower foreign league and been a success, there will be several that haven’t, as we have found out.

We aren’t taking a punt on a young player that will be given a few seasons to adapt.
We are desperate for the best quality we can afford and if a player is already in the same league and performing well, I would rather go for him than a player who’s level of ambition is playing in China.

I’m fed up with taking a punt on the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka, and others when, for a few million more, we could get someone we know what their strengths are.

I don’t care where they’re from, as long as they are playing at the top level in top quality league.

2 Likes