Yacine Brahimi

He’s a free agent and always on the bench for Algeria in the AFCON, dropping off the radar lately, It’s probably his agent’s poor attempt to add visibility to his client.

I heard it was nearly triple that amount.

I’d honestly rather we utilise our academy in instances like this. If we’re not serious on improving the RW/LW, with young, quality players that actually have a top tier ceiling, we shouldn’t even bother looking in the market for players way past their sell by date and beefed up contracts.

8 Likes

This is Iwobi’s 5th season after breaking through. Translating that across, Nelson has 4-5 years to establish himself don’t worry.

1 Like

Brahimi is a pacy winger who can dribble and score a few goals. That’s something Arsenal can use. Not top quality, but pretty good. I can see the logic in bringing him in and spending in other areas as long as the cost in wages and signing bonus is reasonable. I honestly think Reiss Nelson has a chance to be a top player and can probably be the guy in a couple of years. Having someone such as Brahimi competing with Nelson is probably smarter than spending truly silly money on someone like Zaha, who is a player I like and wouldn’t mind seeing at Arsenal, but is probably only worth half of the £80 million they’re talking about.

To be fair to Iwobi, he’s versatile. Nelson strikes me as a pure LM/RM.

I actually think Iwobi is out of position on the wing. He should be moved to the middle, where he plays in a 4-2-3-1 (Emery’s traditional formation) for Nigeria, or alongside Torreira and Xhaka in a 4-3-3. Nelson is definitely a pure winger.

1 Like

well as long as we make actual signings as well

Didn’t want this at lunch time but if it means saving money on Zaha will jump at it.

Lol can we sign young players with ceilings that could be a lot higher than this please ? This club is proper fucked.

3 Likes

Phew.

4 Likes

Guess he demanded too much money?

Thank the blessed fucks of god

1 Like

Yeah can’t say i’m going to cry myself to sleep over this one

Al Rayyan are just a better run club than us at this stage.

2 Likes

glad we didn’t sign him if this is his level

Agent talk, agent talk…