Wrestling

Damn.

Anyone watching Full Gear this weekend?

2 Likes

You are. Although you’ll claim you’re not :wink:

Also, is this lockdown or something, posting graphs out of wider context that actually don’t tell us much about anything?

Si.

Don’t think it’ll be that good, though.

I might start watching AEW again in the new year, give it another shot as I just miss watching Wrestling in general

Will be traveling so even if I wanted to I would probably not catch it live like I usually do.
But yeah, won’t be watching this. First AEW PPV I’ve missed perhaps too.

WWE has a better product at the minute but there’s nothing crazy about either tbh.
You can catch some Bloodline segments here and there online, perhaps the best thing going in wrestling right now.

Hopefully things will start rolling come Royal Rumble.

1 Like

I don’t have the wwe network but I always watch the highlights from raw and smackdown every week on youtube, have done for years

1 Like

Yeah, bit similar nowadays myself. Usually events pop up on my timeline and I may check out full segments if they’re worth it.

I basically went from WWF/WWE as a kid/teenager watching full shows and ppvs (had them recorded for me on VHS) and then stopped watching all together until I randomly found TNA and watched that because of the old WWE guys I used to love, watched that for years until it was awful like it is now a days and got back into WWE again but only watching on youtube, also watched AEW from the start but haven’t watched it for a few months now

Old Tna beats Aew hands down

3 Likes

People underrate TNA over a certain time period. They built some too guys. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe are both top guys in the business.

Prolonged Sting’s career, gave Kurt Angle a great career and helped revive some older heads. Definitely re established the cruiserweight division with the whole X-division stuff too.

Had some guys who had potential to be big too like Robert Roode and even one point Abyss looked like he could be a monster for TNA.

Shame the way it all went downhill though. Dixie Carter ruined a great thing.

1 Like

funny thing that he was actually in TNA for longer then WWE

2 Likes

as well @SRCJJ they also turned Bubba Ray into an actual Heel Icon when he became Bully Ray, honestly such a great character and not expected as he was always a tag team guy

2 Likes

Jericho advised TK to initially buy TNA/Impact when they first started just so they can save some time setting everything up.

TK wanted to start fresh. I guess there is still a stain with TNA, considering how things took a dip.

I do think the library still has plenty of value though. Surprised neither WWE or AEW attempted to buy it.

It’s going to be a far cry from All Out which wasn’t too long ago but was very, very good.

Could it be MJF’s time? I believe the PPV is in New Jersey, too

TNA served a productive purpose in wrestling, and was a clear number two in terms of quality neither of which has ever been true of AEW which has always been the highest budget low quality promotion ever to exist.

1 Like

That, or I guess a Moxley turn to shake things up.

They certainly need to right the ship and the answer isn’t Tony throwing money at new toys to play with.
Now more than ever he really needs to consider hiring some people to help him with booking. At least a booking committee. He has people already in the company that can help with that and there are others available in the market as well.

First thing he needs to sort out the whole ROH/AEW situation because it’s makes things way too complicate to follow. Making Rampage the ROH show and limiting the crossovers are the easy fixes for me.

1 Like

True, lol.

Joe and Wardlow could have a great wrestling feud without the ROH TV championship belt (or whatever it is) complicating things.

I think ‘The Firm’ will have a part to play in tomorrow night’s title match.

I will give a positive for AEW though, they are trying to create some new stars with MJF, Wardlow and a few others

1 Like

Hard to think beyond these two tbh lol.

Britt Baker could easily work interchangeably in any women’s division in any promotion too, in my opinion

1 Like

oh yeah I would say Britt as well, she improved a lot since AEW first started

1 Like