Wrestling

WWE Universe are stupid for booing Goldberg

What in the world were WWE thinking with that pay per view?

Absolutely mind boggling booking, you almost have to admire turning the return of one it’s biggest stars who people have been dying to see since she went away into something that has made the company’s fan base genuinely furious. Almost artistic stupidity.

That aside, second biggest show of the year on paper with all this talk about how it needed to be on a par with Wrestlemania this year and the first two thirds of it were like watching a particularly poor episode of Raw, and Raw these days is very poor.

Outshone by twenty minutes of AEW this weekend.

It was a rubbish crowd all around. I don’t know what was up with 'em.

1 Like

In fairness, I’d have been asleep too if I’d had to sit through the first half of that show.

Britt Baker DMD > Charlotte/Sasha/Becky

8 Likes

He looked awful. Looks like he’s been off the gear too, looked massive but didn’t look as muscular or just strong as he usually does.

Guess he’s probably keeping his system clean in case UFC ever call back

1 Like

:grin:

Best champ in the business right now

Also,

Michael Cole: “Zig Zag! Zig Zag! Cover! Cover! There we go!”

1 Like
3 Likes

That run and bounce off the ropes at 30 seconds was as half-hearted as it gets lol

1 Like

Man, that is rough :disappointed:

RIP

that is very sad, loved her in TNA

RIP

1 Like

Arguably one of the greatest character debuts of all time, saw this as a kid after the long ass build up was captivated, one of my personal favourite wrestlers of all time.

2 Likes

That was a 5 star match.

1997 was a great year for WWF/WWE. Arguably their greatest ever

4 Likes

1997 is the best year in the history of the business.

nWo, cruiserweights, beginning of the transition of Harlem Heart and Steiners into singles stars

Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Mysterio Jr, Chavo, Juventud

Main roster had Hogan, Hall, Nash, Luger, Flair, Sting

Beginning of Goldberg. Rise of DDP.

WWF had the rise of Steve Austin, DX, Kane debut, Undertaker, Mankind established firmly as a top guy, the growth of Rock from hated baby face to monster heel.

The Hart Foundation as one of the best heel factions ever and their feud with Steve Austin being magic.

ECW was growing too and was establishing a lot of guys that ended up at WCW as good kid card stars.

5 Likes

@SRCJJ

Your thoughts on CM Punk’s return?

As a fellow wrestling connoisseur, your silence is deafening on this one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Incredibly well done and gives me a reason to watch AEW and hope they start to do the right thing and move away from the Indy shit man. It’s poison

5 Likes

This event is bonkers, absolutely worth the 15 pounds.
I think the arena erupted a couple of times already and there are still matches to go…

Edit: Event is finished now. Definitely an all-time great PPV.

2 Likes