Wrestling

Interesting, so the Rivals episodes are locked and require an account.

Episode one doesn’t need it but the rest do.

I assume they’re in demand.

1 Like

This would be easier as I wanted to just streak it straight on the TV

Thanks guys

2 Likes
1 Like

That would be great. Get him in while he’s still young and refine him at the PC.

Kevin Dunn has to be next, right?

@DavidHillier @GC-Maniac your thoughts

1 Like

It wouldn’t be remotely surprising when you consider the “professional” image he shows to the outside world if he was even worse behind the scenes.

I don’t imagine WWE becoming the focus of a lot of interest from the cool kids in wrestling now Triple H is running creative will have helped with that.

1 Like

Depends who called him out tbf.

If it was that guy who’s drawn an eye on his head and used to be in the crowd during the pandemic, I wouldn’t worry.

I’m not surprised at all, and I’m not talking about Tony, I’m talking about Steve.

This isn’t the first time he had a meltdown like this. He’s an A class weirdo. If you find out what he’s said in the past you’ll get it, and you’ll most likely block him. :grin:

Yeah I scrolled his Twitter, he has quite the obsession with TK and AEW lol

1 Like

He’s made a claim earlier in the year that he is responsible for the creation of AEW, among many other homophobic, transphobic and misogynistic comments about the product.

I tried to cut him slack but recently I just blocked him because these tantrums are becoming extremely common from him and I didn’t want that shit on my timeline.

Fitting I talked about reign of terror earlier, Wrestling Bios uploaded this:

Awful feud.

2 Likes

Oh…
Nice. :grin:

Ziggler out there being the face WWE needs. :baby:

Edit: Longer clip for context:

RAW was pretty good. If you plan to watch it and manage to avoid any spoilers I would keep an eye on any unusual stuff happening in the background. That’s all I’ll say. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Raw was really rather good. Week on week, the product is definitely finding a new and better style. The focus has shifted from ppv rematches, scripted promos and bland talk segments to quality in ring stuff (I don’t think we’ve seen matches of last nights quality on tv very often in the last few months), meaningful story and character progression and you’d really have to be stupid not to see the renewed focus on the womens division, all of which is very positive.

2 Likes

Really interested to see what the card of All Out is, I do wonder what the AEW Championship match will be.
I feel Punk at best will show up at All Out but I can’t see him wrestling.
I wonder what’s the fallback for it. For me Jericho v Mox makes the most sense but it’s happening this Wednesday already. Do they somehow do a non-finish and have a rematch at All Out? Do they pull the trigger and have Jericho win. I think that could be an interesting approach. They can then advertise Mox v Jericho at All Out for the last time ever.

It’s funny, when AEW brought Punk and Bryan in, I really thought they were going to go to the next level but it’s not really materialised.

Speaking for myself, I’d say my interest in AEW has diminished over the last year if anything. It seems to have become a lot less accessible to casual fans and is excessively focussed on its hardcore audience which I know is not an original criticism of AEW, but I’ve noticed it a lot more now. The effect of all the imports from WWE has given it more of a late 90s WCW feel as well, and not in a good way.

It doesn’t feel like as much of an alternative to the mainstream now, and it’s not doing as much of what made it appealing to start with. To me, it used to have a lot more fun with pro wrestling, Adam Page riding into a match on a horse for example, and it seems to have gone in a direction where it takes itself too seriously. I can’t say I’m itching to see this PPV and I think Clash at the Castle is probably going to put it firmly in the shade.

Well, the product definitely had a run of like 6-9 months since Punk and then Bryan showed up where it was the best wrestling TV we’ve seen since perhaps 2016. I think once the injuries started racking up, Punk was out(subsequently the MJF story being out on pause), Bryan was out among many others it certainly affected the program as a lot of plans had to be scratched. I think it was June every other day there was new injury.

The product is now being carried by BCC v JAS and a lot of time has been given to the young ones to shine, which for the most part they have. Can’t say the same for BCC v JAS.
I don’t think anything compares to the work we saw from MJF and Punk. Those two were just something else. Everything they were involved with turned to gold. We went from gourmet food that you cherished every bite to fast food that comes in loads and does the job but it ain’t particularly great.

It will be interesting to see how they pick things up once Punk is back. I assume MJF will show up shortly after.

Btw, was just catching up with Battle of the Belts. Absolutely loved Wardlow’s entrance.

Getting big Batista vibes.