Wrestling

Loved how the guy above said no spoilers and you straight up spoiled Edge’s return. :joy:

2 Likes

Have you guys seen it now or?

Seen it.

1 Like

Big Drew :giroud2:

He’s been waiting for this push for over a year.

Loved the first half of the rumble. Second half fizzled out.

1 Like

really happy for him, he deserves it after leaving WWE and making it on his own for a few years, I was a big fan of him in his TNA days

1 Like

My second favourite wrestler of all time. Hope he pulls through

He was chatting shit(as he usually does) not long ago about Triple H and WWE. All those bumps and drugs really starting to take effect now. :disappointed:

I don’t think he ever really said anything inaccurate about Triple H.

I mean, he’s not the only one so I guess you’re right.

Yeah Triple Bore is bullshit.

As the Hitman quite rightly said, I can’t ever think of a great match he ever had. Even that 3 stages of hell match with Mankind at RR 2000 is vastly overrated.

Couple that up with his ego-centric nature of one upmanship over better wrestlers (e.g. Sting, The Undertaker), and you’ve got a pretty despicable fella there.

1 Like

Triple H was one of my favourites growing up. I think it was initially because Degeneration X seemed super edgy and cool when I was like ten years old or whatever, and then secondly because I loved the unadulterated drama of when he snaked DX and joined The Corporation :grin:

I did love DX. The New Age Outlaws were my favourite tag team partnership, Shawn Michael’s was hilarious with Triple H being his sidekick/hype man.

Legends

2 Likes

Wasn’t it in a RR where Stone Cold eliminated all of DX? :joy: (with the exception of Shawn Michaels, who was having problems with the old Cilla by then)

1 Like

Triple H never makes it as far in the industry without Stephanie.

Reality is he was never on the same level as guys like Austin, Rock, Taker, HBK and Hart from the period of 97-01.

He was an upper mid card wrestler who got catapulted into the main event cause of his relationship with Stephanie and his affiliation with guys like HBK.

1 Like

I remember attending a WCW event in the UK back in the day. Me and a group of friends got there mega early for some reason, and at one point decided to take a stroll around the building. Low and behold Steiner was standing outside one of the side entrances where I guess all the ring gear etc would get taken through. He was happy to engage with us and shared a laugh. You could imagine many wrestlers just looking to get on and go about their business.

Another chance, and strange, crossing paths with a wrestler was with a very drunk Sabu outside the front entrance of earls court at a wwe show during that ECW phase they had going on. He was steaming. I think he was let go not long after.

4 Likes

Looking back as an adult, this is fair. If I had my time again The Rock would blatantly be my favourite, or Austin or Taker maybe, but never Triple H.

Triple H isn’t in their class really, in terms of both in the ring and out of it.

I’d stand by my love for DX though :grin:

1 Like

Prayers go out to Scott Steiner.

I’ll never forget his re-introduction to the WWF at Survivor Series 2002.

“Pass me the f’ckin mic!”

I used to think that but I’ve changed my mind because Triple H was an elite heel.

One of the best monster heels ever. I fucking despised him.

Him Vs Rock and Jericho in 2000 was unreal. Rock and HHH carried the WWE on their backs while Austin was injured.

Sure he’s got a huge ego, and he and HBK used that to insert themselves into main events etc. And he’s not on the Rock Austin level, but nobody is.

DX were brilliant too.

Check this video from his return from his quad tear in 2002.

You don’t get that kind of pop without doing something right, the fans really loved to hate him and appreciated his heel work from before he got injured.

Also his Judgement day hour long match with the rock was a great one.

1 Like

That return at MSG was huge. Very few get that sort of reaction.

2 Likes

They were gonna make him go heel again, but after that pop they had to turn him face for a while, nobody was expecting that reaction.

Good times :wenger2:

Anyways, back on topic I am sad to hear about Steiner. One of my favourite promos ever, and the maths behind it works out:

:ozil:

1 Like