Wrestling

@GC-Maniac Have you seen Winter is Coming yet?

Cult of Cornette 4 life. :facepunch:

2 Likes

Would young bucks fall under this category? They got a lot of influence there havenā€™t they?

I think cornette came up in the business and was a traditional wrestling guy whereas Russo was more the entertainment industry that happened to find himself in the wrestling world. The latter was horrendous in wcw.

Remember when he tried to make himself an on screen persona? Fucking hell that accent was like nails down a chalkboard :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Well, yeah.
Theyā€™re the Archbishops of Spotfestries.

Thereā€™s gonna be little change on that front then as didnā€™t they help start the company?

Also, Iā€™d give anything to see footage of The Hitman knocking Vince out with a single, clean uppercut. What a sight that would be.

Nevermind that, the show was named after them.
But at the end of the day, Tony Khan is the one thatā€™s running the show and slowly but surely heā€™s been eliminating the phony shit.
Donā€™t get me wrong, silly stuff still exists in the show but it feels more of a sideshow rather than the focus of the show it used to be in the past.

1 Like

I could watch any match the Young Bucks are a part of.

Theyā€™re the common denominators of the greatest tag team matches AEW have produced.

Against FTR
Against penta and rey (numerous times)

They have their moments but the issue with them is that they donā€™t know how to work on a weekly TV show. No psychology or awareness of where they are on the card and show.
Most of their matches go 5-10 minutes over what they should have been. Itā€™s often the case that the finishes feel anticlimactic. They know how to work one match, the match theyā€™ve learnt to put out in the indies which includes a thousand spots, plenty of no selling and lots of silliness regardless of the opponent.
This isnā€™t just bad for them but it often diminishes other matches as well. Case in point, their match with the Jurassic Express at Full Gear had no business going that long, having as many spots as it did and being the first match of the night to have blood.

1 Like

That was bloody awful.

Even the rivalry didnā€™t convince me.

1 Like

Prior to AEW did the WWE ever show interest in signing them?

Yep, they offered them, Kenny and I believe Cody too big contracts but they rejected it. I think it was right before AEW became a thing.

1 Like

Wonder how they and Omega wouldā€™ve faired in WWE. Omega would probably be a solid mid carder.

@GC-Maniac watch Winter is Coming! Need to talk to someone about it lol

I liked your post because I appreciate you taking the time to watch anything wrestling related

Buttttā€¦

JIM CORNETTE IS A TREASURE. He is extremely genuine and forthcoming. If wrestling was a country heā€™d be a national treasure and is genuinely one of the great minds in wrestlinG history. I love Cornette and Iā€™d trust anything he says a thousand times over before I gave Russo the time of day.

Russo is a piece of shit and I fucking hate him. He had a great stint in WWE largely because he had people around him who kept a tight lease on him.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been super busy with work and other stuff lately so havenā€™t had the time, Iā€™m actually catching up right as we speak. :joy:

1 Like

This was bad :grin:

2 Likes

Fucking hell a promo like that made it on TV?

Also, what on earth is up with them speaking so fast? Let people have some time to absorb in what youā€™re saying.

1 Like

Everything about it just awful.

2 Likes